What guages to get?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What guages to get? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I plan on getting an Cobb Stage 2 accessecu. I also plan on getting a turbo back exhaust. I was ...

What guages to get?

I plan on getting an Cobb Stage 2 accessecu. I also plan on getting a turbo back exhaust. I was wondering what guages, besides boost, yall think I should get so I can make sure everything is running right?
    I was thinking Voltmeter and boost for sure
    Also, where can I get the 3 gauge box at the top of a center console without the gauges for the subaru? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Two of the three you mention can be had here:

http://www.subaruwrxparts.com/04wrx-interior.html

Many here like an EGT gauge as well.

I would get boost, egt, and oil pressure.
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

Don't bother with the voltmeter. Get things that tell you the health of the engine. Boost and EGT are a must. 3rd is up to you, fuel pressure, oil temp, oil pressure are all good.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

is egt the exhaust temp? whats the egt?...
    And will i need a vacuum pump? Im not sure what thats for...

I Support ClubWRX
    Exhaust gas temperature.

why would that matter?
    and whats the vacuum gauge tell you? and is it important...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    why would that matter?
    and whats the vacuum gauge tell you? and is it important...
    I have a relatively conservative (Cobb stage 2) tune and do fine without an EGT gauge. If you have a custom tune and are pushing some of the tuning parameters on the high side an EGT gauge is must to tell if all is OK.

I do not have a definitive answer to the vacuum gauge question. I should know this better

I do know there are devices on your engine that use engine vacuum to operate. The gauge lets you know all is within range for all to work correctly.

I think im gonna end up going with the three gauge assembly consisting of Vac/Oil Temp/Volts. Too bad im gonna have to get rid of the clock

Since these come from subaruwrxparts.com do yall think the guages will match the stock tachs (mph and rpms) ?
    That would be nice....

First of all, if you want to get the stock "performance gauge pack", you would get the one with the boost gauge, not vacuum. Vacuum is for N/A cars.

Personally, I think you would be better off with aftermarket parts. Voltage is rather pointless, and most people feel that oil pressure is better than oil temp, as it is a better indication of the engine's health, and will alert you to a problem more quickly. EGT is a good idea too, to monitor the health of the engine. If your EGTs climb too high, you're risking serious damage to the engine, so it's always a good idea to watch. Personally, I like the combination of Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure, in either the OEM gauge pack, or something like the Defi triple gauge dash pod (http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/subint/defi_hood.jpg). It's more expensive, but I think it looks much nicer. Also, for what those OEM gauges cost, you could have some much nicer gauges (or you could have similar gauges for less).

alright, I cant seem to find cheap exhaust temp guages in price. Anybody have a recommended website to buy gauges?

[QUOTE=WrxRick]I think im gonna end up going with the three gauge assembly consisting of Vac/Oil Temp/Volts. Too bad im gonna have to get rid of the clock

You can put a clock in one of the three ports!, like I did! I hated the fact of loosing my clock too!

[QUOTE=j69raw]
    I hated the fact of loosing my clock too!
    Get a watch, cry baby! jk.
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

[QUOTE=j69raw]
    Too bad im gonna have to get rid of the clock
    Yeah but you will be everywhere early with your new Mach V Speed Racer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.