In Car Navigation Unit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on In Car Navigation Unit within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Now I can find my way around....

In Car Navigation Unit

Now I can find my way around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00630.JPG   DSC00631.JPG   DSC00632.JPG  
    My Mods

My Sponsors are my paycheck & credit card.

After hitting 140 mph chasing a STi I said:
    "I'm Not Comfortable At this SPEED!"

www.myspace.com/awd_luv

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice

thats a good navigation my mom has it
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

Is that the N1 or the N2? Did you try to install is so that you can play DVDs while in motion? Not that I would or anything...

How did the installation go? Where did you mount the remote box? I'd prefer a all-in-one double-din unit, but the D1 doesn't play DVD movies at all!
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I bought the N1 unit, purchased it at Circuit City and had them install it. The guy put the contol box in the passenger footwell, not where I wanted it though, I wasn't there to tell him where to put it. I'll move it later.

I got it at Circuit City for 1799 + instalation.
    Plus tax and everything it came close to 2100.00. Maybe a litte over that.
    I went through Circuit City due to my Girlfriend's business.
    You can get it WAY cheaper. The wholesale cost is 1400.

I learned the N1 unit has a manufactuer glitch that allows it to play movies while driving.
    Pioneer fixed this in the N2 Unit.

My Mods

www.myspace.com/awd_luv

I didn't realize that the N1 had a glitch like that. Maybe I'll try to get a leftover N1 Looks good! How do you like the navigation features? Where did you mount the GPS transceiver?

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I love all the differnet ways to search locations.

If you don't have an exact address, just enter a cross street and it will bring you to that point. It even has business names & phone numbers you can look up and plot your course with. It's even loadded with locations for resturants, ATMs, gas stations, heck I even found strip clubs loadded in there.

A great place for the GPS antenna is on the dash near the windsheild, the perfect site to site pick up location.

If you can find the N1 I say grab it!
    My Mods

www.myspace.com/awd_luv

Sweet.....is that Pioneer AVIC-N1? I was think that or the Kenwood - DDX7015.

Kenwood - DDX7015

Pioneer AVIC-N1
    But if it's Akina's downhill, he's good enough not to lose to anyone. -Bunta

los
    I like the kenwood, because it is double din.

kmcd: Have you tried the pioneer iPod adapter? I'm wondering if it is any good.
    05 Aspen White WRX -- Win or Lose, Lakers for Life!

You can make any/all of the dvd players work while driving. The wire that they tell you to connect to the parking brake, well just ground it so that it thinks the brake is always on. That way you can play movies whenever you like. I've got an eclipse double din dvd/nav unit and that's what I did to it....works fine.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by los
    I like the kenwood, because it is double din.

kmcd: Have you tried the pioneer iPod adapter? I'm wondering if it is any good.
    I have the ipod adapter hooked up to my N1 and it is great. Only thing I don't like is that it doesn't use the full screen for viewing playlists etc.

No I don't have an i-pod but I see someone got you the answer you need.

Man, I never knew it was that easy to fool the e-brake sensor for the in dash DVD players.

Thats why I love this forum, you never stop learning stuff about your car or the products you buy for it.
    My Mods

www.myspace.com/awd_luv

Yup the Eclipse AVN 5435 is the way to go, especially when u want to do many things simutaniously (forgive me for bad spelling). It has 2 dics slots so u can have DVD-NAV in one and cd,mp3,dvd etc.. in the other dics slot. Also the navigation is way better and faster than the Pioneer AVIC-N1 or the new N2. And it comes with 5Volt preouts, which is way better than Pioneer's 2Volt. And it's about the same price.

los
    I was looking at the eclipse, but I want something that has built in iPod support. I don't want to have to mess with the controls on the iPod.
    05 Aspen White WRX -- Win or Lose, Lakers for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by JasoNeon
    You can make any/all of the dvd players work while driving. The wire that they tell you to connect to the parking brake, well just ground it so that it thinks the brake is always on. That way you can play movies whenever you like. I've got an eclipse double din dvd/nav unit and that's what I did to it....works fine.

Jason
    I overheard a kid at Circuit City saying they installed a DVD unit and just grounded the parking brake lead, but the head unit still knew that it was hooked up wrong. Granted, this was a kid at Circuit City that said it, but I don't know for sure if he's right or wrong.

i have the avic-n1 too. i think wholesale on it is like 800 not 1400. the n2 has a gyro built into the hide away unit so its near impossible to play a dvd while driving. me and my friends were joking about about that cuz if someone comes up to your car while your watching a movie and shakes your car, the movie will stop playing. also the n1 doesnt have a glitch for watching dvds. its just grounding the sensor. i think someone said it earilier. hey kmcd if you do move your hide away box, move your monitor to the lower pocket so you can use your vents while the monitor is out. you can leave it if you like it like that.
    lightly modded with a hint of audiophile

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.