Anyone dynamat (sound deaden) their entire interior?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone dynamat (sound deaden) their entire interior? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, I have yet to buy my WRX (looking for an '03 wagon) but I might as well ask my ...

Anyone dynamat (sound deaden) their entire interior?

Hello,

I have yet to buy my WRX (looking for an '03 wagon) but I might as well ask my questions now. Has anyone put dynamat, raamat, fatmat or anyother sound deadener all over your wrx? I would like as little road noise as possible, so I am planing on putting Dynamat extreme under the entire floor, all doors, the wheel wells, and the 5th door (remember, wagon). Has anyone done this? If you have, did you notice a large decrease in road noise? Anyone with wagon specific help would be great too, but I would love to hear from you sedan owners as well. Thanks.

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, I soundproofed my entire wagon and I am glad EVERY day. I have an hour commute (each way) so it comes in pretty handy. All in all I would say that it was pretty easy, but a pain to take everything apart, not rocket science, but not a walk in the park. I kinda went the cheap route and used a little dynamat but mostly some cheaper asphalt/metal stuff that I got from eBay (Way cheaper)

Specifically:

The Roof (HUGE DIFFERENCE in rain and with bikes/snowboard on the roof)
    The Floor. Removed all seats/console/carpeting covering from the top of the footwells to the very back of the hatch floor including covering the drive train bulge even though it is already covered with the heat shield stuff.
    All 5 doors. I used a combo of sound deadening foam that came in a roll, the metal/asphalt stuff and spray on deadener also found on eBay for the spots I just couldn't get to..
    The Dash/Console. Using the roll of foam mentioned above and some spray glue I covered the backside of pretty much every surface
    The underside of the wheel wells. I took the spray deadener and did a few coats in each wheel well.

Im glad I did it then because I was single and had a garage.

Good luck man.

<m>
    --
    beaumont

"if it feels good, push"

I Support ClubWRX
    How much weight did you add? Did you feel a difference in acceleration, braking, or handling afterward?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

First off, nice quotes.

Nope, I didnt notice a difference. There could be one, but Im over it. Id rather be comfortable the majority of the time and deal with a fraction of a second time loss. Plus you can always add some power... A guy here at work has a wagon that he says dynos at ~350HP at the wheels... His only complaint? Road noise.

Cheers
    --
    beaumont

"if it feels good, push"

I did this to my xterra and noticed a huge decrease in road noise. Definitly don't use dynamat for the entire car as it will be really expensive. There are other brands like the ones you mentioned that are just as good and way cheaper. I used brown bread when i did my xterra and found it to work very nicely.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.