CEL burnout

This is a discussion on CEL burnout within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have had a cel for about 1k miles on and off but i would clear it after a while. ...

CEL burnout

I have had a cel for about 1k miles on and off but i would clear it after a while. But recently i kept the cel on for 1.5k and didn't clear it. It just turned off one day and I pulled the code and it was still there. Did my light burn out or is it suppose to do that? BTW it is the code for cat efficiency below normal.
    04 JBP WRX sedan
    -it gets me from A to B

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The light is an LED, so I doubt it burned out. When you pulled the code, was it a "Pending" code, or the real deal?
    2003 WRB Sedan. Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by scooby-x
    OMG!!! Do you want me on my knees or bent over? I love you

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DjChopstix
    Did my light burn out or is it suppose to do that? BTW it is the code for cat efficiency below normal.
    Every time you turn the key to "ON" the dash lights will all do a self-check so you will easily be able to tell if it's your light that has failed. Does the light still come on then?

What modification and/or problem caused the light to come on to begin with?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.