remote start alarm install price?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on remote start alarm install price? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i'm getting a compustar 2wss-as alarm installed at a reputable shop. they quoted me 630. Does this sound reasonable?...

remote start alarm install price?

i'm getting a compustar 2wss-as alarm installed at a reputable shop. they quoted me 630. Does this sound reasonable?
    Basically a Cobb Stage 2+lots of extras

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I paid $250, I have even heard this might be a bit high, just for the install. I'd say $630 might be pretty bad, how much is just the alarm? How much is the install?
    Good luck

damn.. thats a pretty crazy price... just try to look around or try audio places that would do it for cheaper.. if you want you can try to install it yourself, if you ever installed a deck and some subs on your car this shouldn't be to hard. just read the manuals and follow the directions. this way you can also hide the brain where ever you want and the siren anywhere also . btw if you gonna pay over 600$ make sure they know what their doing and make sure its a clean install - check to see if the wires are hidden and have them hide the siren and remount what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    if you want you can try to install it yourself, if you ever installed a deck and some subs on your car this shouldn't be to hard. just read the manuals and follow the directions. this way you can also hide the brain where ever you want and the siren anywhere also .
    Two words for ya...

EN, OH

I used to be an installer for three years, and a remote start/alarm is one thing that you dont want to try on your own, especially if you think a couple of deck installs will teach you everything you need to know. There are wires that need to be tapped ran and spliced next to very important wires (that are sometimes the same colors as the ones you need), sensors and modules, overall if you mess something up here youll be paying a sh!t load more to fix the parts you damaged than the parts you could damage durring a deck install (i.e. airbags, ecu, transponder modules, drilling through a brake booster, etc.) even after you hack your entire vehicle harness, an installer more than likely wont even touch your car (until a dealer fixes it) or your alarm b/c you cut the wires all up. Just look around for other systems and pay a pro to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Two words for ya...

EN, OH

I used to be an installer for three years, and a remote start/alarm is one thing that you dont want to try on your own, especially if you think a couple of deck installs will teach you everything you need to know. There are wires that need to be tapped ran and spliced next to very important wires (that are sometimes the same colors as the ones you need), sensors and modules, overall if you mess something up here youll be paying a sh!t load more to fix the parts you damaged than the parts you could damage durring a deck install (i.e. airbags, ecu, transponder modules, drilling through a brake booster, etc.) even after you hack your entire vehicle harness, an installer more than likely wont even touch your car (until a dealer fixes it) or your alarm b/c you cut the wires all up. Just look around for other systems and pay a pro to install it.
    ah your prob right, some people shouldnt try doing it themselves, but i did it myself and saved bundles of $$, just make sure you read everything correctly, i did have maunals and guides and everything. but hey, ive been playing w/ motors and swapping stuff in and out, expermenting w/ alarm systems are nothing. but hey if your worried take it to a pro.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.