got my new dvd installed... been sitting in the box for 6 months *pic*

This is a discussion on got my new dvd installed... been sitting in the box for 6 months *pic* within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; finally got around to doing it, taking the dash apart was easy but the fact the the HU is in ...

got my new dvd installed... been sitting in the box for 6 months *pic*

finally got around to doing it, taking the dash apart was easy but the fact the the HU is in 3 sperate parts was a pain in the A$$, the brains of it goes under the seat and the pre amp thingy i had to mount under the steering column cause it wasnt letting the monitor go back in place, i dont think it turned out to bad despite the fact that i have never installed a HU in a WRX before, and that the dash kit came witha cheap ass POS DIN pocket : (

any one have any suggestions on a better way of attaching the brain part of it to the floor under the seat?

should i just get some self tapping scews and screw it to the floow or will the screws go through the floor boards? or should i just get some velcor or double sided tape and adhere it to the carpet?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

all i see is red x
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by PDXrex
    finally got around to doing it, taking the dash apart was easy but the fact the the HU is in 3 sperate parts was a pain in the A$$, the brains of it goes under the seat and the pre amp thingy i had to mount under the steering column cause it wasnt letting the monitor go back in place, i dont think it turned out to bad despite the fact that i have never installed a HU in a WRX before, and that the dash kit came witha cheap ass POS DIN pocket : (

any one have any suggestions on a better way of attaching the brain part of it to the floor under the seat?

should i just get some self tapping scews and screw it to the floow or will the screws go through the floor boards? or should i just get some velcor or double sided tape and adhere it to the carpet?

Well i was a lazy ass i just put my brain for my pioneer deck in the glove box and ran the wires through there but if you don't wat to go that route velcro should work just fine
    13.6 @98 bone stock slowly getting better
    13.5 @99 still bone stock saving for aps everything

got my mp3 mounted and working today to finish off my project kinda suks though when i have it on the MP3 player aux the monitor is blank, oh well at least i got 12gb of music in my car now

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice... Looks good.

Where in Portland do you like at? I live in Gresham. Assuming u live in portland from PDXrex
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW
    Nice... Looks good.

Where in Portland do you like at? I live in Gresham. Assuming u live in portland from PDXrex
    i use to live in St. Johns but i moved out to Scappoose in january, i like it out here much better

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXrex
    i use to live in St. Johns but i moved out to Scappoose in january, i like it out here much better

Cool... I see 2 blue WRX's on Highway 30 (Yeon) almost everyday... I work out there !! Have you ever gone to any local meets?? We like to go for drives out in your area.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Looks good
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Very nice, I like it. How much did you pay for it?

What is the model number on that unit?
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell
    What is the model number on that unit?

its a Eclipse Av8022 bought it at cartoys, cost me like $1200 installed, in my dodge p/u, when i sold that truck i took it out, and it was just siting around in the box, so i installed it in my rex.

Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW
    Cool... I see 2 blue WRX's on Highway 30 (Yeon) almost everyday... I work out there !! Have you ever gone to any local meets?? We like to go for drives out in your area.
    never been to the local meets, but i would love to try to go to some this summer.

shoot me a PM with some info.

nice setup man
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

nice

Yours matches the dash Very nice i have Kenwood 50W x 4 CD Deck with 7" Fully-Motorized Touch-Screen Monitor/DVD/MP3 Playback

Last edited by SRT488; 04-17-2005 at 01:19 PM.