Removing stock radio

This is a discussion on Removing stock radio within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how do you do this? well actually how do you get the bezel around the stock radio out.? i got ...

Removing stock radio

how do you do this? well actually how do you get the bezel around the stock radio out.? i got my new head unit installed i just want to add something to it now. and i dont want to take it to my installers if i can do it. i just would like to know .. thank you
    Last edited by aznburn210; 04-13-2005 at 07:01 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just use a thin flat head screw driver, and pry it off
    alf

that works with a 05 wrx?

oh sorry, pry around the shifter, and there should be 2 screws underneath, losen those and the bezel should come off.
    alf

thanx i just tried it and i almost got it off except for the top piece of the bezel i tried takign it out but i was scared i would break it. it didnt want to un snap

aOh
    did you ever get it off?

no it was about 10 at night. and i didnt want to break anything so i said screw it. so i put everything back on and after work today i will take it to my shop

I went through the same thing when installing my XM. Once you get to the very top of the console and everything else is popped out, just rap a flathead screwdriver in an old t-shirt or rag and wedge it in, and pry it off. It takes a good amount of force, and feels like your gonna snap something, but it will pop off perfectly. I didn't damage my console and it went back together perfectly.... no ratlling at all. And yes, this was on an '05.
    "I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." -- PG