weird boost gauge readings

This is a discussion on weird boost gauge readings within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when i shut my car off.. it reads vaccum 10. it should goto Zero (carbon autometer gauge).. any ideas? I ...

weird boost gauge readings

when i shut my car off.. it reads vaccum 10. it should goto Zero (carbon autometer gauge).. any ideas? I don't see my full boost potential either..

Bryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive sent back two autometer sport comp gauges because of the same thing.
    call autometer, they should be able to work something out with you unless its really old.
    i actually need to do the same thing again... now my third boost gauge that i've had is at +1 psi when the car is off..... for some reason they just wear out... one of my replacements actually came screwed up too.
    i guess you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by imcabby
    when i shut my car off.. it reads vaccum 10. it should goto Zero (carbon autometer gauge).. any ideas? I don't see my full boost potential either..

Bryan
    IMO (not to be rude) ditch it and buy a defi d-gauge not that expensive and acurate as hell. Ive seen the boost lines for the plastic skinny lines aka boost lines and i dont really trust them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Nah, it was Colonel Mustard, using teh shockAr in teh bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyNewbie
    ive sent back two autometer sport comp gauges because of the same thing.
    call autometer, they should be able to work something out with you unless its really old.
    i actually need to do the same thing again... now my third boost gauge that i've had is at +1 psi when the car is off..... for some reason they just wear out... one of my replacements actually came screwed up too.
    i guess you get what you pay for.

I just got an autometer and it reads like that its at + 1 and those lines suck cus i keep getting a small leak wehre it connects to the gauge so I have to keep shoving the line in i barley installed the gauge too but i think i spliced into the wrong hose i mean it reads boost but i think its a different one than where everybody else hooks up there boost gauge.
    07 S2000..vortech..kw..comptech..volk

previous
    05 Evo traded
    05 S2000 rip
    05 STi traded