Gauge suggestions

This is a discussion on Gauge suggestions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For someone not planning on upgrading their turbo (me) what gauges would you recommend? Boost obviously, but I'm looking to ...

Gauge suggestions

For someone not planning on upgrading their turbo (me) what gauges would you recommend? Boost obviously, but I'm looking to get two more in a triple gauge pillar and I'm not sure which ones I want/should do.

All suggestions appreciated
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Exhaust gas temp or air/fuel ratio would be very useful. You would need a wide band o2 sensor however for the air/fuel. Oil pressure and voltmeter would be easy to hook up if you're just looking for something to fill the spot and also be somewhat useful.

Yeah I'm just at Cobb stage 2, don't plan on going much higher, more suspension and stuff, so I don't really know if getting EGT gauge or AF gauge would be very useful. So if I wanted, oil pressure and voltmeter would be the cheapest and easiest to hook up?
    --2004 WRB WRX--
    Still way too stock.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I like A/C for the sole reason that it makes the idle sound meaner.

Yeah voltmeter is by far the easiest gauge to hook up, pretty good for monitoring the battery/alternator especially if you have a big sound system. It's also the cheapest I believe.

Oil pressure if decently easy. I hooked one up on my corolla, never done it on a wrx before but you have to install a pressure sender somewhere and then just run a wire to the gauge. They're pretty cheap also.

I'm sure there's some other options but those seem pretty good to me.