WRX Speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Speakers within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay has any one put a 6.5 inch round in the wrx?? i know that speakers are 5.25 i believe ...

WRX Speakers

okay has any one put a 6.5 inch round in the wrx?? i know that speakers are 5.25 i believe . Well from what they look like to me. But i was wondering if anyone has put a 6.5 rounds in the door. How did it look ? and was it easy ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go to www.iaperformance.com . They sell spacers that enlarge the stock holes to fit 6.5". I have some and they fit and work great. They even have a speaker fitment guide which tells you what version of their spacers you must buy for most speaker brands. If you're handy, you can fab some spacers up yourself...there are tutorials out there I know.

But you will definitely need spacers. Well worth it IMO.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

sweet Thanx. Looks Easy Enough. One Question though. Do the spacers go on the inside or outside? of the door panels

The spacers are wooden with screws to screw into the metal door (behind plastic door panel). The instructions included are quite helpful as well.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

VR4
    Do the spacers go on the inside or outside? of the door panels
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

Quote Originally Posted by VR4
    I was gonna do the same at first, but I just can't bring myself to be rude to n00bs.

Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    okay has any one put a 6.5 inch round in the wrx?? i know that speakers are 5.25 i believe . Well from what they look like to me. But i was wondering if anyone has put a 6.5 rounds in the door. How did it look ? and was it easy ?
    My shop fit 6 1/2" CDT speakers in the doors, and they have a pretty deep mounting depth...about 2 3/4" I think. They had to use pretty big spacers but everything works fine! I was really apprehensive but they assured me it would work, and no probs.
    Looks? Well, they would look good with the carbon fiber cones and all, but they are covered with the stock speaker grilles so it looks completely stock.

I bought the 60.5cs infiniti kappa component speakers and the thin front spacers from iaperformance.com for my front replacements and put them in last night. Still driving off the stock radio the mid's/highs sound extremely clear. The mid-lows and low-lows are lacking (even less than the stock speakers) because the factory head unit can't drive them hard enough

It was a real easy install with the 6.5" kappas/iaperformance..no cutting or anything and was able to mount the included crossover in the door easily with some double sided, padded, 5lb tape. Worked like a charm. Highly reccommend this combo.

Next is rear speakers (not sure which yet) and amplifier (not sure which yet).

no reason why i asked if the spacers went on the outside or inside is because at first i thougth about putting the new 6.5 on the outside of the dorr panel and putting in the speaker grill not the stock one. im not a newbi to car audio just to subaru. understand? but either way i fixed my problem. i exchaged my comp set to a 3 way comp set and im putting the 6.5 in the door re placing the tweeter and putting in custom kcik panels for a 4 inch mid. int he back im putting a 4 inch coax just for something in the back.. all audio will be rainbow audio

Also aznburn210, you can put up to 5.25" speakers in the rear deck. I slapped infinity Kappas back there and it really livens up the back and gives more bass. A sawzall works great on the rear deck metal.

well the speakers im using dont need a lot of speace. they are actually hand made from germany and for the size of them they are one of the best if not the best speaker made. well the brand there are many more that are better but i like these. i mean there is genesis audio and moral .and then arc audio.focal makes bad ass stuff too

we dont... have a rear deck do we... thought they were in the rear door.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

Quote Originally Posted by subieracer18
    The rear deck has no stock speaker locations. The rear speakers are in the doors, at least in the '05, and they are 5 1/4". I think the rear door has a lot of space for mounting depth too.

Quote Originally Posted by subieracer18
    I was just referring to if you wanted to do a custom install there you could. The rear doors are 4" stock and are upgradable to 5.25". They also have way more mounting depth allowance since the window does not come down directly behind the speaker.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.