Boost Gauge Questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge Questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello all I just got my 2003 platinum silver WRX 2 days ago with 16 miles on it. I am ...

Question Boost Gauge Questions

Hello all

I just got my 2003 platinum silver WRX 2 days ago with 16 miles on it. I am already aching to do some mods, but first im doing my homework on the car.

First, I wanted to install a boost gauge. My question is where is the best place to tap your boost line into? Some people tap into the fuel pressure regulator hose, while others tap into the hose connecting to the factory BOV, right under the intercooler.

The BOV hose seems more correct to me, besides what does fuel pressure have to do with boost? Does the fuel pressure regulator depend on boost to operate? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Keith
    2003 Platinum Silver WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here is how i did mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan03-08.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

It's commonly called the Fuel pressure regulator hose, but I'm not sure that's such a good name for it. The subaru factory boost gauge taps in by the BOV, so that's where I have mine tapped, but I don't think one spot is better than the other. My SBC-id is tapped at the FPR hose.

BTW: In SpeedRacers pic, that red cap is the one on the alternator. Sometimes it's hard to tell where in the engine a pic is when it's zoomed in that close.

Cool pic.
    So what is that part with the brass elbow going into it?
    Sorry, i dont have my car here to take a look under the hood.

intake manifold
    Last edited by wrxinthehouse; 10-02-2002 at 07:20 AM.

This is where mine went (BOV line)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stuff 013.jpg  
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

That looks awesome Richard.......nice and clean install. If you have any more pics of your boost gauge install, i'd like to see them!

Thanks! I went the expensive route under the hood, and the cheap route ($65) in the cabin. A bit backwards, but I'm sort of an interior minimalist. :-)

Scroll to the bottom of this thread for the interior portion of the VDO boost gauge install:

Boost Gauge Options Q

Originally posted by Platinum_REX03
    That looks awesome Richard.......nice and clean install. If you have any more pics of your boost gauge install, i'd like to see them!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    exhaust manifold
    that is most definitely NOT the exhaust manifold. That is the INTAKE manifold. The exhaust manifold is on the underside of the engine.

Originally posted by **** Nogs

that is most definitely NOT the exhaust manifold. That is the INTAKE manifold. The exhaust manifold is on the underside of the engine.
    DOH! You're right. I need to get some sleep.

*going back to edit original post*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.