Broad shoulders and aftermarket seats
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Broad shoulders and aftermarket seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am in the market for a new set of seats for my STI and am having a hard time ...

Broad shoulders and aftermarket seats

I am in the market for a new set of seats for my STI and am having a hard time trying to find a bucket seat or possibly a reclining seat that has room from braod shoulders. I sat in an Sparco Evo the other day and my back doesnt even come close to touching the seat back. My weight rests on my shoudler blades instead. I decided to go with the EVO 3 but those seats are backordered for 4-5 weeks, so I have a little bit of time to confirm or change my mind.
    Is there anybody out there who has run into a similar problem when looking for aftermarket seats. From the specs on all of the Sparco seats it appears the EVO 3 is the widest in the shoulders unfortunatley though this comes with a wider seat section as well, which I do not need. Can anybody recommend a different brand and model to look at? What are other people using that have broad shoulders?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have have sat in bride brix reclining and recaro spg's buckets.. both were too tight for me.. i'm also interested in what you are looking for so let know how you make out.
    New England F4
    Top End Racing

So far only one response on another board. They suggested checking out Racaro Speeds. I am still looking for more feedback though.

did you sit in an evo 2 seat? I also couldn't fit in an evo seat, but the evo 2 fit rather well. I don't know how broad you shoulders are, but the evo 2 was comfy and not too tight and I'm an athletic 6'4" 210 pounds.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

I did not sit in an Evo 2. I was flipping through the specs on seat dimensions and it appeared as though the Evo 2 was only larger in the seat bottom.

Were you able to comfortably sit against the back of the chair, I couldnt even touch my back to the back of the chair in the regular Evo. My weight was resting on my shoulder blades.

I'm 6'2 190lbs so I would think you would be a good size comparison.

hmm, now your testing my memory lol. I did not fit in the evo at all, neither hips nor shoulders. the evo 2 was a perfect fit. I was looking at these at a local dealer who also sells momo and other off brand seats and he recommended the evo 2 out of everything. Like I said, it was a perfect fit....I remember being able to sway a little side to side in the shoulders so there was some more room and the hip region wasn't too tight at all.

I also sat in the evo 3 and the thing was HUGE. It was like sitting in a stock seat, I could move for miles. Just from your body size, I'd think the 3 is going to be too big. I'd try my best to find an evo 2 to sit in before its too late. And while your at it, would you mind buying one for me, my funds are a little low
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

lol, thats what I was afraid of. I didnt want the upgrade to be as sloppy as the one it was replacing.

Thanks for the info man!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.