iPod mini- mounting option
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on iPod mini- mounting option within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I wrote this up for somebody, thought I'd share it here too: It's pretty self explanitory, but here's a quick ...

iPod mini- mounting option

I wrote this up for somebody, thought I'd share it here too:

It's pretty self explanitory, but here's a quick tutorial if you want the pod visible instead of simply putting it in the glovebox...uses the belt clip *thing* that comes with mini iPods.

It's connected with an aiNet cable that plugs into changer-ready Alpine HU's. Sounds great, but it's an AUX input and not controllable from the HU.

Here's what you need, and where to drill the holes:

Here's how you do it:
    The only tricky part is removing the pin from the belt clip. Once that's out, you can easily drill and bolt the clip piece to the HVAC vent assembly. The pin pushes back in really easily. I used a piece of double stick foam tape to keep it from spinning, and a hard rubber washer on each side of the bolt.

All done. I just ran the RCA/mini cable through the heat vent:

And a bling-blangin' night shot:

FYI: The HVAC vent assembly is ~$70 from subaruparts.com. So if you're worried about drilling through it... don't.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

very sweet, i would prob just lay mine somewhere
    FP Green STi

I put mine where the ashtray/AC plug is. But I have a regular sized iPod.

Any issues with it being there when its being blasted by heat/air conditioning do you think?

Ive been looking for a good place to mount my iPod but I cant find one.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

No issues with heat yet, hasn't been cold enough since I installed it. But I wear contacts and I'm a sissy little girl, so I can't stand to have the air blast my face. It's usually on the floor vents only, so... works for me!

I am jealous of the bigger badder full sized iPod's. Size does matter.

ive got a pretty sweet set up for my 20gig. ill take some pics of it tommorow..where can i host pics or whatever...imagestation doesnt really work here

You can post them directly here, go to "manage attachments" at the bottom. Cool to see different set-ups...

i mounted my ipod mini using the belt clip too, only i velcro (sp?) it in the same spot you scewed it in...so its not permanent, yet solid.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.