RSS/XML Feed for clubWRX

This is a discussion on RSS/XML Feed for clubWRX within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; How about an RSS/XML news feed for clubWRX.com latest news/forum posts ( http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/dive-into-xml.html ) This would save users some time ...

d3v

RSS/XML Feed for clubWRX

How about an RSS/XML news feed for clubWRX.com latest news/forum posts (http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/12/18/dive-into-xml.html)

This would save users some time since they don't actually have to load the page and save admins/host some bandwith since only text strings (xml) are being sent instead of loading pictures and other extra stuff. Consider this if you wish. Thanks for your time.

P.S. There are tons of RSS readers, all are easy to use and Firefox already comes with one built-in

P.S.S. Activating it it as simple as downloading the module for whatever CMS is being used on this site. Or you can do it by hand by inserting couple lines of code into the index.php. I'm also sure that there is a mod for vbulletin or its a built in option that needs to be activated.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the suggestion but we don't have the resources to implement these programs at this time. There are actaully a lot of other things that we're looking to add to the site but we need some programmers who has the time and the knowledge to help us out.
    Tim
    Admin

Hi, Tim.

vBulletin suports RSS feeds already, so it wouldn't take any programmer work to do. The option for it is in vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > External Data Provider. Take a look at http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...group_external for more info about it.

Turning it on should be a 2 minute project. I know you're busy, but it would be a really handy feature

If you do that and have a bit more time, you could look at http://nslog.com/archives/2005/01/30..._vbulletin.php, which discusses a replacement external.php with some better features.

While I'm not a PHP programmer by any stretch of imagination, I'm willing to help out in testing stuff like this. Let me know if you need it.
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

d3v
    so I see this never took off

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.