how to drive manuel - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on how to drive manuel within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; When I do the dishes with my shirt tied off in a knot and wear my cute sandals I drive ...

Banned
    When I do the dishes with my shirt tied off in a knot and wear my cute sandals I drive Manuel CRAZY!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BRINGIT BACK ALIVE! hahaha it was a fun read i think, so im just writing yea yea yea yea yea yea eya its old but who cares.

i learned on a old ass legacy that i ****ed around with. thta was cool, it was much easier than the wrx i have right now.

anyways PAYCE! hope that guy learned how to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by IronMedic View Post
    your clutch is your life! no matter what the car does, push the clutch in and it could fix it! if u push your clutch in and it doesnt fix it, then its obviously something else wrong.

driving a stick is more about timing when u first roll away in 1st gear. u can tach it up to 2k rpms if u want, just feather the clutch out so it doesnt launch like a bat out of hell. that is how i taught my wife. i showed her by revving my old fox body mustang to about 3k and just feather the clutch out to make it go. the car will go faster but it gives you an idea how the whole process works. when u shift gears, its up to you when u feel it is neccessary. on my WRX, i will shift around 3-4k cruising around. normally its best to cruise in a slightly higher gear so your engine doesnt cruise around revving around 3-5k constantly (wanna save the tranny as much as possible). so by the time i get to around 30mph, ill be in 4th gear with no traffic. remember to down shift when u are going up a hill!

so remember:

1. clutch is your life
    2. feather your clutch into 1st gear since u are learning!

The whole revving thing and feathering- I did that at first and noticed that every time I did it, I would smell the clutch burning. Anyone else? It was not a good thing, so I learned to find the "sweet spot" aka contact point (where it rolls on its own) and slowly giving it gas.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

I think Manuel was deported...
    STiMULi

Something causing or regarded as causing a response.

An agent, action, or condition that elicits or accelerates a physiological or psychological activity or response.

A WRX STi at 140mph in the dirt

My suggestions: Learn on a car thats less expensive...clutch is VERY expensive to replace! It's relatively easy, and it's great that you want to learn because its a skill that I think ALL drivers should have! Rock on, but do it on something that you can afford to do it on

this thread was started in 2005
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

Hahaha I didn't even realize that, just saw that there was a new post in it and read it lol

AZT
    Depress clutch, put in first gear.

Rev to redline, and drop clutch.

Hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by AZT View Post
    Depress clutch, put in first gear.

Rev to redline, and drop clutch.

Hold on.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456