Expansion: SAAbaru owners! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Expansion: SAAbaru owners! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by JeremyL i think they should drop the 2.0 altogether. Without the 2.0 engine and the WRC we ...

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyL
    i think they should drop the 2.0 altogether.
    Without the 2.0 engine and the WRC we would have no WRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dome
    Without the 2.0 engine and the WRC we would have no WRX.
    Yup, and any larger would put the WRX in STi performance range, how do you justify selling the STi for $8,000 more if the WRX has a 2.5L engine also?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Exclamation

Because of the WRC and the cost difference of the STI. I do not see them changing the standard WRX to a 2.5l but with the rise of the 2.5GT and the Forester XT I see them having to do something to boost sales as the lag of the 2.0 will kill sales when you compare it to the 2.5.

If nothing else I see them making changes to the cat system and the TGV's. Maybe varialbe cam timing.

Have any of you driven the 2.5 Forester vs the WRX. It will run rings around the WRX.

Joseph
    Tarmac-USA / Super-Rupair
    sales@tarmac-usa.com
    AIM: Tarmac Sales
    1309 Yarmouth Ave
    Boulder CO 80304
    303-442-6508 X108

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    well, that is kind of the result of the fact we're a subaru WRX forum, right? i'd prefer ClubWRX to stay that way, rather than dilute itself into a general car forum....

dR
    +1

But it wouldnt be a general car forum, just WRX and 9-2x (which we've agreed are close enough to the same car). More users = More information. Sounds like a good idea. More users = More advertising = increased profit for CWRX.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    More users = More advertising = increased profit for CWRX.
    I heard the car is selling like crap. I have seen 2 ever.

I don't see any particular need for it, I would still spend most of my time going through the wrx boards, because I come here for tech info more then anyhting else.

Saabnet has a 9-2x board that requires the site owners permission to post on due to the endless belly aching of saab 'purists'

saablink.net has a section with a community of well....me. Most are very positive/pro 9-2x
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

ClubWRX isn't really profit oriented. banner ads and vendor fees all pretty much go to paying for our immense bandwidth, and hardware systems.

dR

Yup, and any larger would put the WRX in STi performance range, how do you justify selling the STi for $8,000 more if the WRX has a 2.5L engine also?

very easy. you make the STi come in at around 350hp and put the WRX around 250-275hp range. with the STi you still get a much improved suspension, chassis, brakes, AWD system and basically a totally different drive. Its like comparing a Mustang GT to a Cobra

WOnderful the 2.0 has served a great purpose up to this point, fine even keep it around for the WRC circuit but its gonna be getting outdated and underpowered pretty soon. hell the new Sonata V6 is 237hp...10 more than the WRX. The base model needs a bigger punch, even just use the 210hp Forrester engine, you ask how you justify the difference...same way people buy a forrester over an STi
    It is better to have others think that you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

02 WRX 44k - sold 2/28/5
    96 Corolla 128k
    92 Corolla 160k
    88 Accord 208k
    90 Voyager 242k

My opinion is that the WRX and the 9-2x is the same car with different sheet metal attached to it just like the DSM's are.
    With that being said, seperating the two would be like splitting up the DSM groups into Talon's, Eclipse's, and Laser's. If anyone really wants to combine the two cars into one group, that group needs a name. And dont make the name an engine code, cause not too many people search for an engine code...

someone come up with a creative anachronism for the sedans, wagons, and SAAB wagons.
    2002 Black WRX wagon
    1997 GMC Suburban. TURBO Diesel, 4x4 Runs on WVO

Your post count does not equal your intelligence. I don't care how many times you replied with "tacos rule"

I had no idea how i missed this until i noticed i was out of town while the whole thing went down...

My .02:

I love this site. I hate everyother site ive been to. I think it would be nice to have a 9-2x section just for a couple of reasons... 1. It would make 9-2x users feel like they belonged here, because after all we all have the SAME car. 2. I always kind of feel like im either hijacking a great WRX site or need to specify that i have a 9-2x. 3. It doesnt need to have tons of posts within its actual forum, but just serve as a door to get more people involved in gread discussions.

Just a coupla things for Dark_Rex:
    If there wouldnt be that much traffic in its actual forum we wouldnt be eating Tim's bandwidth.
    If there was a lot of traffic, there would be more banners = paying for the rest of the bandwidth (which i doubt)
    Also, we have a video game forum, we have tons of subset forums like NorthEast etc...

Finally...
    Im sick of looking at the damn Bugeye Mafia Thread! Why dont we just set up an STi Forum, a BugEye Forum a Hyundai(im just kidding) Forum, and a Saab-Eye forum? Or just have a sticky somewhere about 9-2x's. We have sticky wagon threads...

Ok thats all i got.

I love this forum. THis is my favorite forum on the web. I really like the people here. And Downshift... I appreciate the props.

Your Brother In Boost,
    E
    2005 9-2X 5MT Blue

Quote Originally Posted by STI4theSlowGuy
    I love this forum. THis is my favorite forum on the web. I really like the people here. And Downshift... I appreciate the props.
    I've got your back

I know this is an old topic, but...

I decided to search for 92x forums for the same reason. I don't pay much attention to Saab forums, because frankly, I wouldn't have ever purchased the 92x if it were a Saab motor.

That said, I loved the idea of a slightly upscale WRX, since only Legacy's have leather interior. Heated seats are nice too.

I could possibly have the highest modded 92x in the world! Here's my setup...

Greddy EVO catback exhaust
    Invidia bellmouth downpipe (catless)
    Helix flex uppipe
    Turbo XS UTEC
    Turbo XS Large MAF Short Ram intake
    Perrin light weight crank pulley
    Perrin Short shifter
    Momo shift knob (factory screw-on)
    Defi 3 guage pod with defi gauges (boost, egt, and fuel pressure)
    Tein race springs
    Turbo XS large TMIC
    Cusco carbon fiber rear strut bar
    Perrin rear sway bar
    Perrin rear endlinks
    18" gram light 57c's wrapped in Yoko's

Non-performance...
    Kenwood ddx7015 double din touch screen
    Kenwood Knadv4100 navigation computer
    2x Xtant 1.1 amplifiers
    1x Xtant 6.1 amplifiers
    MQ Quart Q series 6.5"s
    Diamond Audio MD 10 subwoofer
    Audiocontro DQX processor

I'm waiting for a HID kit I purchased, and am looking at a stoptech front big brake kit, as well as large rear rotors and rear ss lines next for this year.

I'm already saving for a 2.5l STI shortblock upgrade. I'll be installing RA gears, ACT clutch and fly, a TD06-20g turbo, modded stock injectors, and walbro fuel pump all in the swap.

I've embraced the Subaru world, being that is the reason I bought the 92x. I like the look, interior, and the refinement over the standard WRX.

Saab owners can look down on my car all they want. The reality is when I'm done, I'll probably have the coolest, fastest Saab ever! All thanks to a great foundation laid out by Subaru and all Subaru Enthusiasts who've built this aftermarket scene.

Highest Modded? Sorry I'm about even, but there are others who have taken it much farther...

GP Moto Silencer Delete
    K&N Drop-In
    STi JDM Intercooler
    Modified STi splitter
    Samco IC Hoses
    Crucial Racing Uppipe
    Maddad 3" divorce wastegate DP w/3" to axle back (one metal core race cat)
    STi rear muffler
    EcuTek Custom tune by KTR

Noltec front camber/caster plates
    STi Struts
    STi wagon springs
    All swaybar bushings replaced with poly
    Whiteline rear strut bar
    16x7.5 SSR competition wheels
    Bf Goodrich KDW - 225/50r16 Summer
    Pirelli 210 Sottozero 205/55r16 on Stock wheels (winter and 1/4 mile)
    20MM FHI RSB
    Performance Alignment

Kartboy short shift and bushings
    Momo Combat evo knob
    STi tranny pitch mount stopper

Pioneer DEH 960
    XM Radio
    ipod with pioneer interface
    CDT Audio 6.5 HD componenst with 2nd set of Image tweeters (all silk)
    CDT 5.25 coaxial
    Elemental Designs 9kv2 sub
    US Acoustics 4 channel amp
    Forester Din Pocket
    VDO 3 gauge cluster

Have you spent anytime on saab92x.com?

There is an abosultey crazy one in Russia being down by this guy Nikolai (NGB)
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

HEY! This isnt the bragging rights thread. GOSH!

Well, the 9-2x is dead after the 2006 2.5L model, so i guess the idea of a joint club is out. But of course we still love you guys lol.

...i may be joining your side (sort of) in about 2years...::cough::conversion::cough::

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast