Hot Shots

This is a discussion on Hot Shots within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Smack talking. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything. I see alot of this at the new ...

Hot Shots

Smack talking. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

I see alot of this at the new member forums. Alot of new rex owners get put down for asking newbie questions.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

most smack talking i see is from newbs asking questions that a simple "search" and doing some homework (ie: reading) can easily answer. laziness is what pisses people off. i understand this to a point, but being an elite **** isn't cool.
    Dave
    01 RS

I Support ClubWRX
    It really depends on what the circumstance is. Some people are lazy and people get annoyed by it after seeing the same questions being asked 20 times, and worse yet some of the same questions have been answered everytime the questions arises. I would encourage everyone to be a little nicer to the new members becuase after all, they're new to the forum based community, and some of them are even new to using the Internet in general.

If you run into a new member who is not doing what he is suppose to do, direct him/her here http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/userguide.php and nicely ask them to read everything over. After that they'll have a much better idea of how they can take advantage of ClubWRX.net.
    Tim
    Admin

Something that I would like to point out:

A new member demonstrates poor typing skills, demands answers to something, and doesn't do a search to find the answer. How do they expect us to answer their questions with care and sincerity?

If you aren't going to put the time into being nice and setting up a constructive thread or question, I'm not going to put in the time being nice or answering it.

If you post a thread that only contains: "Some1 TeLL ME ThE Best Exhaust and the MOST HP u get and is a BOV good?!" I'm going to give you an answer roughly on the level in which you asked your question.

If you take the time to articulate yourself and ask your question even if you are being a total n00b (and we all were at once), and you don't know anything about cars, and are making completely false statements, I'll be HAPPY to help you and point you in the right direction if you're showing some effort and being nice about it.

You get out what you put in.

I think everyone would agree with me on that one.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    Good question!

I understand that this issue has come up again and again. This is what I would like you guys to do, if you guys think this is unreasonable feel free to express an alternative solution.

There are alwyas going to be noobs who are asking those type of questions. I think the standard answer would be "Your question is too general and there are a lot of information that can be found by doing a search. If you're new to the site, please go to http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/userguide.php and find out how you can get the most from ClubWRX.net." If you do feel that you still don't have the answer to your question, post a reply to any existing threads that is most relevant to your question or ask a more specific question in a new thread."

Something like this is really long so if you don't want to take the time to write this every time, you can have a notepad or txt document on your desktop, so the next time someone ask a "n00b" question then you can go ahead and copy/paste it to them. It will literally take 10 seconds and you wont' have to go berserk over these questions.
    Tim
    Admin

well put trailboss.

i've had tons of hobbies (part of being a gemini) and i really really get into thoes hobbies. if someone is genuinely interested and shows respect, i'll tell them everything i know and give them gobs of resources and information. if they're rude or superficial, well, then fook'em, not worth the time of day.
    Dave
    01 RS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.