Spell Check

This is a discussion on Spell Check within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Is there any way to maybe have the red underlining that microsoft word users often observe when they make spelling ...

Spell Check

Is there any way to maybe have the red underlining that microsoft word users often observe when they make spelling mistakes (maybe include grammar too?). I realize that there is spell check, but so often it goes unused or isn't downloaded. I think that if users observed the number of mistakes they made in a post; they would make the appropriate changes. I understand that this is the internet; it's informal writing. This isn't targeted at everyone, but some posts on here are nearly impossible to read due to spelling and grammar mistakes. It's those aforementioned posts that this idea is designed to improve.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know the direct answers, but you could always use a WP app like Word or whatever that has the feature, then cut/paste the response. I sometimes look words up too.

One thing I have noticed is that the threads you cannot read generally lack any useful info anyway. I gave up on getting any info and, I admit, will only reply to point out the errors etc. on a slow day.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

great idea
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

don't wanna make everyone change their browsers, but the newest version of Firefox has an automatic spell checker built into it...seems to work for me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 13rent View Post
    don't wanna make everyone change their browsers, but the newest version of Firefox has an automatic spell checker built into it...seems to work for me
    +1 it seems to work real good. Its just like microsoft word.

Well...If you are smart enough and care enough about your spelling to download firefox, this thread probably isn't directed at you.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Download the google toolbar.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1 View Post
    Is there any way to maybe have the red underlining that microsoft word users often observe when they make spelling mistakes (maybe include grammar too?).

I think some of the members that can't spell their own names worth a **** would enjoy the red underlining. It would help their mad internet rep, yo.

I wish there were a spell check button that I could click before submitting a post so I wouldn't have to look up words in another window while posting. The spell check feature on my e-mail account scans all of the text at the same time and suggests alterative words for the ones not found and edits them for you.

That would be alot easier than typing every post into another program, cutting and pasteing.

That would be nice.

T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I have an internets explore plugin on my other computer I think its called iespell. Google it and you should find (thats assuming you use Iexplorer though)
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I have an internets explore plugin on my other computer I think its called iespell. Google it and you should find (thats assuming you use Iexplorer though)
    Anything for Netscape?
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Anything for Netscape?
    I don't know. Sorry.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are using Safari or other OS X apps, select Edit > Check Spelling. One of the options is "As you type" and it does work, at least on my machines.

No Netscape ideas, sorry.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.