What is this add crap? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on What is this add crap? within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by bkzshabbaz Im on a mac, and cant see the ad text. Same for the other guy that ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzshabbaz View Post
    Im on a mac, and cant see the ad text. Same for the other guy that posted the screenshot. Great being on a mac
    It still looks like empty posts though, which is misleading.
    I don't see ads either; Safari from Panther and Tiger alike, with or without PithHelmet and with or without other methods including style sheets. Since I'm sometimes not doing anything in particular to block the ads (just sometimes...) then maybe the "problem" (read: blessing!) of not seeing them is the fault of their code, who knows. Glad I can't see them either way.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know why certain people are overreacting so much. It's the end of the 1st day where I'm trying out a new ad system. Most of the users have been here for a while and don't mind it, if they do they would just express why they don't like it. The title of this thread is pretty offensive to me and if you're just going to say that this is BS and just run off that's fine too, I'm not going to baby you guys. Currently I'm trying to get feedback from the moderators as well as our members, being a whiner doesn't help anyone at this point. I'm not going to name anyone but some people are acting like highschool girls threatening to break up with their boyfriends.

Seriously, there's only so much crap that I can take from people who don't understand how much time and effort it takes to maintain a site like this. I'm not going to beg anyone to stay just because they don't like any changes that's being tested. I've said it once and I'll say it again. It's in my best interest to run site at it's best and if there's something you don't like about it, why don't you guys think of a solution rather than just compalining about it?
    Last edited by BlazinWRX; 12-15-2006 at 10:22 PM.
    Tim
    Admin

The ads are going to kill us all in our sleep.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post

The ads are going to kill us all in our sleep.
    I have no problems at all with any ads interfering with my clubwrx browsing experience so I don't know why all this fuss???? Chill out son. Have a beer or sumthin.

Quote Originally Posted by BlobWagon View Post
    I have no problems at all with any ads interfering with my clubwrx browsing experience so I don't know why all this fuss???? Chill out son. Have a beer or sumthin.
    I was completely joking/being sarcastic.

The ads really don't bother me at all. If it makes money why not?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I was completely joking/being sarcastic.

The ads really don't bother me at all. If it makes money why not?
    I know you were I was just "adding" my two cents. Woops did I just add another ad????? Uh OH......

don't think i will stay around for this since its really screwing me
    its make my pages extremely wide , now in order to read anything on the site i have to scroll to the right and back . my scroll bar for left and right is now 4 inchs long so its alot of scrolling back and fourth .

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys,

I got enough feedback from everyone where I decided to take the integrated ads off for the time being. Still, I want to emphasize on the fact that the way that a few of you have responded to the ads upsets me and it's not the way to solve any problems. My decision is based off of the constructive repsonses from the members as well the moderators, and I'll continue to do my best to make the site as enjoyable for all of you as possible.

In a couple of days i"m going to post up the ads from our regular advertisers. There will be a mixture of google ads and our in house ads, they're the people who are paying to maintain the site (along with some supporting members) so please do check out their websites sometimes. The google ads are pay-per-click so it does help the site when you click on them. Make sure you don't just click on them for the sake of clicking, it's against the advertisers' policy. If the topic interests you don't be so ad-phobic and see what the advertiser has to say once in a while. The same goes with the regular in-house advertisers, they're paying to make the site free for everyone and their goal is to send you a message that could potentially help you find products and services that you can use.

That wraps up this topic, if you guys have anything else that you want to "add" please feel free to do so.
    Tim
    Admin

I really don't see what the big deal is. i've adjusted and just ignore them.

your doing an excellent job at running this forum tim. keep it up.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    I really don't see what the big deal is. i've adjusted and just ignore them.

your doing an excellent job at running this forum tim. keep it up.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Tim, I guess I got a little frustrated especially with posts like, "oh well, the bills have to get paid" and the 'just deal with it attitude' that I sensed from a lot of the posts.It just didn't seem fair that some of us contributing members who have been here for years didn't really get a chance for input. I figured this is the way it's going to be, no one cares, it's not getting changed because the bills come first. Now that you have talked to us about the situation more, showed us that you are open for suggestions etc, and even got rid of the ads for the time being, I respect and appreciate that.

Tim honestly I wouldn't be that upset about the feedback recieved. I don't see it from your POV but to many this is their core online community and it's understandable that people don't like it when their community is being messed with. Especially when it's pretty intrusive. Don't forget that without the community involvement on this site the adds would be pointless.

I've got more to say but I'm going to take that to your feedback thread.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys,

I'll try to get more advertisers that sells WRXs and parts on board and keep away from the google ads, which can be irrelevant when the content of the page doesn't match up to any good advertisers.

Anyways, perhaps trying out something new for a day seems very long for people, and I"ll try to keep that in mind. On the other hand, it's difficult to get good feedback from enough people if the first thing that I do is remove the ads after the 1st person complains about it. Well, I'll try to implement something where it will give you guys the opportunity to get some vendors on board in the near future, perhaps offer gift certificates to the vendor or dealership that you refer or sign up, that way it'll work out for everyone.
    Tim
    Admin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345