Need some feedback on Ads on the site - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Need some feedback on Ads on the site within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by BlazinWRX Hey guys, I updated the other post. Basically I decided to put an end to the ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX View Post
    Hey guys,

I updated the other post. Basically I decided to put an end to the integrated ads for the time being.

Thank you
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX View Post
    Hey guys,

I updated the other post. Basically I decided to put an end to the integrated ads for the time being.

I don't think that increasing the quantity of adds throughout the page is going to help that much. The adds that currently exist on the page are all clearly visible but I think the quality is what lacks. In the past two posts I'm seeing ads for carster online community as well as online auto insurance and another add to create my own adds on google.

I personally would be much more receptive to adds on this site if they actually had something to do with the site or car performance and not just some fly by night insurance company that's dumping cash into advertising on google.

Also one thing to consider offering potential vendors on this site for a small fee would be regional targeted marketing that people can opt in to. Or even e-mail marketing period. I recieve SBR's weekly e-mail every Friday at about 5:00 PM and I check it out immediately to see what kind of specials they are running.

As far as regional e-mail targeting goes it would be great IMO because it would offer companies the ability to communicate with those that don't visit forums very often. Say for example company X in the midwest is having a dyno day, enable them to send a n e-mail to people in that region with information on the event and a link back to a thread at the club.

Having organized the Midwest subaru shootout this year I would have loved to have some ability to do something like that and would have no problem payihng for it.

I Support ClubWRX
    The orbitz add wont let me use the quick links and that makes me
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Tim no matter what you do, car i own, ill always be a clubwrx lifer.

i see and like the new a@e adds. i run illsidesubaru.com and would like to have something like this on my site if you can pm me all the detiles or link me to the site you found for it. thanks

please, please, pleeeaaaase no popups or ads of that nature

I Support ClubWRX
    Hiya guys,

The new ads are ads by google, and we're going to mix in some of our forum sponsored ads in there in the near future. There will not be pop-ups and anything really annoying in the future.

Meanwhile we're getting more support from serveral Subaru dealerships. I've been getting in touch with them. My goal is to have businesses that people WANT to promote their products and services on our site, and you can help by telling your dealership about ClubWRX.net and the ability to post vehicle and parts for sale on here. The more support we get from relevent buisnesses the better off we are
    Tim
    Admin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.