by state owners club section
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on by state owners club section within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; if anyone is able to start a state owners club be nice if there was a section for that state ...

by state owners club section

if anyone is able to start a state owners club be nice if there was a section for that state only , like the section would be called Owners club and the forums would be the name of the state . would also help to create them .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That's actaully not a bad idea. Right now I think the regional forums is still somewhat underutilized. Do you guys think that separating the states as sub-forums will get more people to participate in there?
    Tim
    Admin

There are some states, particularly the less populated states, that probably won't have many posters. I am going to print up some cards and go out tagging one of these days, but I doubt doing that will raise the South Dakota clubWRX membership very much. There are probably 15 or 20 WRXes/STis in Sioux Falls. That probably accounts for 90 percent of WRXes in the state.

On the other hand, you could probably dedicate a whole section to certain cities...
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    That's actaully not a bad idea. Right now I think the regional forums is still somewhat underutilized. Do you guys think that separating the states as sub-forums will get more people to participate in there?

I think only a few states would find it useful, like California & Texas.

I wouldn't do it for all states, only the ones that have enough active people to need it. Or do like the OP said, and just create local state owners club forums as the clubs pop up.

I used to be on teamintegra.net all the time when I had my integra and they have different regions. Like I am from PA so Virginia,maryland, and Pennsylvania had a spot. I think something like that would be useful. I know we have them but maybe amke them smaller. Like 3 states to a region. I think that may work a little better.

I Support ClubWRX
    I suppose that we can give it a try. If it dosen't work then we'll scratch out the idea. It will be your responsibility to either gather people for the club or amke sure that the people from your club does participate in the regional forum, whether or not they own a subaru or not. Let me knwo what you guys think. I will most likely create the forums on a per-request basis. Thanks.
    Tim
    Admin

Virginia requested

ClubWrx.net Members

0 C89ZX7R Richmond VA
    1 Gaza Fairfax VA
    2 amccrazgrl Richmond VA
    3 RIP EP3 Centreville VA
    4 _Natchez_ Chesapeake VA
    5 beastcivic Blacksburg VA
    6 kriswhite_23505 Norfolk, VA
    7 jaqattack02 Midlothian VA
    8 Speedette FairFax VA

From Wrxforum.com

1 Phatstud 35 miles from VA border
    2 VAFredWRX Richmond VA
    3 doxeysan Suffolk VA
    4 Jim Lewis Collegeville, PA
    5 Nis01 Richmond, Va
    6 WRXTrancechyld Northern VA
    Last edited by C89ZX7R; 06-27-2006 at 07:21 AM.

Minnesota requested
    03 Silver WRX, FOR SALE
    www.mnsubaru.com

I only made it out to 1 park and ride meet. but when I did go, there were around 26 subbies that showed. They came from clubwrx, nasioc, and baltimoreturbo.com. i don't know how many specifically from here, tho. I would think that a md, va, pa region would be useful. As it stands, I mostly see NJ people in the mid-atlantic forum. It would be great to have people post up meet info and shop experience info that is relative to my traveling distances because I am surely not driving to the middle of NJ to have my car tinted, painted, repaired, etc
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by rex.effect
    I only made it out to 1 park and ride meet. but when I did go, there were around 26 subbies that showed. They came from clubwrx, nasioc, and baltimoreturbo.com. i don't know how many specifically from here, tho. I would think that a md, va, pa region would be useful. As it stands, I mostly see NJ people in the mid-atlantic forum. It would be great to have people post up meet info and shop experience info that is relative to my traveling distances because I am surely not driving to the middle of NJ to have my car tinted, painted, repaired, etc
    +10000000

Sounds like a great idea and worth a try!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

i think one for NY/CT/NJ would be a good one
    BUGEYE MAFIA #20

I Support ClubWRX
    For those of you who are requesting a state specific forum, can you guys do what C89ZX7R did and lisst out the members that will participate in there?
    Tim
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    For those of you who are requesting a state specific forum, can you guys do what C89ZX7R did and lisst out the members that will participate in there?
    I don't know too many people in the forum yet to be able to list, but here are a few people who are getting together right now
    MD/DC/VA:

kevlarcupid
    rex.effect
    twoturbos
    kengerex07
    piobaire
    mbs627
    lordcon
    302@12psi
    SinisTR06
    MDwrx

Baltimore County Meet
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

I Support ClubWRX
    rex.effect,

I would like to see something that's more specific than a combination of states because that just sort of takes away from the entire regional forum, does that make sense? The sub-forums will created for a sub-set of regular users that will get together and really make use the sub-forums.
    Tim
    Admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast