by state owners club section - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on by state owners club section within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by BlazinWRX rex.effect, I would like to see something that's more specific than a combination of states because ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    rex.effect,

I would like to see something that's more specific than a combination of states because that just sort of takes away from the entire regional forum, does that make sense? The sub-forums will created for a sub-set of regular users that will get together and really make use the sub-forums.
    Well, use the list above for just MD, as those guys all from my area.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Texas People Are Left Out!@

I see very few texas suby owners on these boards yet i see them driving around modded rexs and sti's i know they are out there just wondering why they never stop by to say hello in the texas forum..... OR ANY FORUM......on nasioc its a little better but state to state individual websties is IMO the best idea because parts can be traded w/o shipping and other issues.....get meets together for fellow subaru owners i believe it would help get our subaru image out to the local public more....

LETS DO IT

I Support ClubWRX
    MD forum is done, please make sure you tell your buddies to make good use of it

Forums will be added given that there will be enough traffic going there, and the for-sale threads should still be in the personal for sale forum with the state code posted in the title.
    Tim
    Admin

MD forum is done, please make sure you tell your buddies to make good use of it

Forums will be added given that there will be enough traffic going there, and the for-sale threads should still be in the personal for sale forum with the state code posted in the title.
    Cool, thanks! I will check it out after work.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey some of the moderators are saying that they're seeing a lot of senseless arguments in the forums, you guys need to start behaving and give us reasons why we should keep them okay?
    Tim
    Admin

Hey some of the moderators are saying that they're seeing a lot of senseless arguments in the forums, you guys need to start behaving and give us reasons why we should keep them okay?
    I haven't see any in ours (yet)

Are people arguing about being allowed to post or something?
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I Support ClubWRX
    No ther'es just a lot of arguments etc that's unnecessary. One of our moderators suggested to have a sticky for specific states, should we just do that? THat way we can just create a sticky for each of the forum and people can go in there for state-speicfic discussions and create their own posts in the general forum.
    Tim
    Admin

Personally, if it had to change, than I would take going back to the old way over the sticky idea. I would rather sort through the thread headers to find what I am looking for than try to isolate a chat from another in a 10,000 post thread.

I like the change because it suits my needs to reduce clutter pertinant to my area. I still think that smaller states, like mine, dc, and va, should be grouped into one forum. The only thing wrong with including pa in that group is the milage involved. If we were to have a regional meet, some extents of pa would have to drive pretty far, especially if it were in va. This was my main point about the Mid Atlantic forum as it was before. It encompassed too many states.

Remember, no one likes to change and everyone likes to complain. It is not a reality that everyone will ever be happy on here. So use your ultimate admin wisdom and just let us know what's going on with it. I am sure we will all get along and continue to enjoy the board for all it has to offer, regardless of the outcome.

BTW, did you get my PM?
    Last edited by rex.effect; 07-17-2006 at 03:13 PM.
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

I like the MD, DC,VA idea. So far I haven't seen anyone arguing in the MD forums. Having the sub forum is a great way to keep in contact and know whats going on in my area.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by SinisTR06
    I like the MD, DC,VA idea.
    +1

But the VA chapter is off to a start, with a couple meets already taking place.

MD/DC--you're welcome to come to any of our meets! Check out the VA forum!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    +1

same in md, except we decided to leave it in the general mid-a forum since that is where it started

i won be able to make any until the summer is over, but i will def be down to see the va peeps
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin
    There are some states, particularly the less populated states, that probably won't have many posters. I am going to print up some cards and go out tagging one of these days, but I doubt doing that will raise the South Dakota clubWRX membership very much. There are probably 15 or 20 WRXes/STis in Sioux Falls. That probably accounts for 90 percent of WRXes in the state.

On the other hand, you could probably dedicate a whole section to certain cities...
    we might be able to do one section for most of the midwest

+1

+2 VA sections has 25 members on this site so far , seen a few times that their first post from some of the members were on the virginia owners list .

The only reason to group MD/DC/VA together is because all three states are within about half an hour drive of each other. Most off VA's members are from Northern VA. MD members are generally around the Rockville, Baltimore Area. And DC, well, it's DC and still very close to us. I think it's fine to keep MD and VA seperate b/c MD is better anyway cuz it's on top (look at a map). JUST JOKING AROUND!! Don't flame me

But yea, I think having these specific forums dedicated to each state will promote us to meet up, learn more about our cars, and overall have a good time. I think that I will be checking the MD/VA forums more often now that its not generalized under the Mid-Atlantic States.

I think I speak for all in each specific forum when I say thanks for creating them.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #777
    #569/800
    -- Nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12