The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. - Page 16
Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by Trainrex With the declining traffic around these parts, it was hard to convince him otherwise. Maybe if ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    With the declining traffic around these parts, it was hard to convince him otherwise.
    Maybe if the forum wasn't crashing all the time the traffic numbers would be better.

You know, I'm really not interested in joining "TIMSFORUM".

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    This new plan is just silly
    I see you use that word very loosely.

Sad to think that our demise would be "planned".
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    someone PM me and tell me whats going on. i'm a valued member! lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I see you use that word very loosely.

Sad to think that our demise would be "planned".
    True.

But according to some...it's not a demise...it's to "benefit" the community.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Some change is neither good nor bad, it is simply inevitable.

It is the way of things.

Whether I or anyone else likes it, change is part of life.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    <sigh>
    I suppose that this was inevitable. A lot of details to iron out.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    <sigh>
    I suppose that this was inevitable. A lot of details to iron out.
    It isn't bad for me so far. Gots me a promotion cuz they knew the higher ups would be busy for a while.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

I Support ClubWRX
    There will of course be a weeding out procees in place but as long as the transition is handled tastefully and tactfully I foresee few problems of any consequence.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Maybe if the forum wasn't crashing all the time the traffic numbers would be better.

As an aside, I wonder whats going to happen to that site? Bundle deal? Shut down? hmmmm...
    As another aside, I also notice that when I can't log on here, I can't log on there.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

This is looking bad.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    while nothing is stone at this point, this "merger" IMO is going to be more like getting swallowed- clearly one of our site's biggest attributes has always been it feels a little like home- the advantage of a smaller site.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

tell me we are not getting "merged" with who I think we are. Please? I mean we make fun of those people for god sakes.
    2012 Lightning Red WRX
    Sold: 2006 Sti
    Sold: 07 335i coupe Monaco Blue

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it's NASIOC, well....goodbye everyone!

*hopes the banhammer doesn't hurt the tenth time around as much as it did the previous times*

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Say it ain't so!!!

I did not have a 3 hour discussion with Tim last year about the OT merger to save the Club for nothing!!!! We may have had our disagreements, but if ClubWRX goes away, then I'm outtie for good (well except I'll be at the Subies for Autism meet)!

The only reason traffic has declined is because people are now busting azz at work instead of posting on teh Club to keep our jobs!

I guess we'll just sit tight for the "super secret" details.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Story Time.

In 1999 I purchased a 96 Pontiac Grand Am SE as my first car. Soon after that I found a cool online forum called grandampower.com or gapower.net. This site is where I first used my user name Jeremy96gase. It was a small forum dedicated to Grand Am's. The other members and I were having a good time. We all helped out when the sites owner, Jason, asked, but that wasn't enough to keep the site in the black.

In 2001, Jason decided it was time to expand, and changed the name to gmpowertalk.com, hoping to draw other General Motors automobile owners to join the site. However, this didn't change the core group of people. I spent a lot of time there, so much so that I became the post count leader. We were still all Grand Am owners, talking about our Grand Am's. But when new people with Impalas or Trucks joined and asked questions, no one answered or where directed elsewhere, because we didn't know anything about these vehicles.

Not satisfied with the result the changes brought, Jason decided to merge with the AED Central, an up and coming company dedicated to make body kits for "Domestic cars" (They only ever made kits for Grand Am, Grand Prix, and the Olds Alero).
    It wasn't long before Jason lost all control of the site and AED alienated the entire user base. Most of the members splintered to other Grand Am forums like Grandamgt.com or GAOwnersclub.com.

Jason, in an attempt to reclaim the user base he once had, he started gmperformancetuning.com. New forum, new name, old features, and few members. With no core knowledge of tuning the old members where simply no help to the new members asking tuning questions, and membership declined further.

Now it's primarily a repost site for Autoblog.com and a forum for the Manitoba Canada Grand Am Club. Sense the Grand Am was discontinued in 2005, Grand Am owners are less, and less, enthusiastic about the vehicle discussed on the site. As GM makes new cars, new forums spring up to fill that niche. I see little hope for the site to come back.

I still visit from time to time, but I don't stay long. Jason's forum was never the same after the merger.

Tim, be careful.

17. 03-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Reason
    no longer relevant