Precaution on the FS threads

This is a discussion on Precaution on the FS threads within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Well I was looking at the for sale thread and came across a guy selling a profecb and he was ...

Precaution on the FS threads

Well I was looking at the for sale thread and came across a guy selling a profecb and he was talking about how on the other forum he belongs to he they take the pictures with a piece of paper in it with their sn and date to help out with scammers. I think this is a great idea that we shound incorporate here at ClubWRX.net

here the link
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131164
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I could tea-bag your ass into a coma.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i agree, that is a very good idea. a better piece of mind when making that purchase.
    So Cal F4 member #19

bump
    '06 wrx wr-blue

This does sound like a good idea, i've never bought anything off the forums because i'd be scared to get scammed. I'm sure this would make everyone feel a little my comfortable when buying off the forums.
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not a bad idea, but we have an extremely low scam rate here. I personally don't think it's necessary.

yea very good idea but then that would mean ppl without digi cameras are screwed...woulnt make it required but it would be a good thing to do

def not required becuase theres a lot of folks out there that dont' have digi cams, me being one all I have is my trust razor but i'm just tryin to get the idea out there that this will make people feel a lot better about buying a part from someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I could tea-bag your ass into a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by kram941
    yea very good idea but then that would mean ppl without digi cameras are screwed...woulnt make it required but it would be a good thing to do
    Yea, thats what i was thinking too, just doing it might make someone who wouldn't have bought the item otherwise pick it up.

They should make this a requirement on nasioc, apparently alot of scammers post there =P
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

hmm. thats a pretty good idea. i'd personally feel a little better buying from someond who did that. not really saying it should be a REQUIREMENT, but it'd certainly give me better piece of mind. i may just do that myself if/when i ever sell anything in the future

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess if you really want to sell something you can do that as a "proof" when someoen is skeptical. However, this can be replicated pretty easily and a lot of people probably wont' want to go through the trouble of doing this. This is a good recommendation for anyone who comes across a skeptical buyer though.
    Tim
    Admin

call me stupid, but how does this help?

is it so people cant just steal others pictures and try to sell something they dont have?

pretttyyyy much...If they do sumthing to authenticate the picture then people will be less concerned about scams.

as the site grows it might unfortunately bring more scammers, so i think this is a good idea