Moderators over Moderate on this forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Moderators over Moderate on this forum within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; My for sale thread has been deleted twice, the first time I had someone interested, the thread was deleted and ...

Moderators over Moderate on this forum

My for sale thread has been deleted twice, the first time I had someone interested, the thread was deleted and I have no way to contact the buyer. The reason for deleting the thread was because I didnt have my state prefix in the title of my thread. Not a prob, thats a great idea infact, but it wasnt necessary to delete my thread because of it. A simple pm notifying me to change it would've really done the trick. So I reposted my thread with the state prefix, it's no longer either, I did a search and cannot find it, no idea why this one was deleted. Thanks power hungry moderators, I see how much you like to dictate your forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll check with the moderators to see if there's a better way of handling it. It's difficult for them to keep the forums clean because people often post w/o following the rules.
    Tim
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    I'll check with the moderators to see if there's a better way of handling it. It's difficult for them to keep the forums clean because people often post w/o following the rules.

Thanks, I really appreciate it, especially being admin on my own Subaru forum. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong.

- Thanks for not deleting the post either -

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by 12SecSTI
    My for sale thread has been deleted twice, the first time I had someone interested, the thread was deleted and I have no way to contact the buyer. The reason for deleting the thread was because I didnt have my state prefix in the title of my thread. Not a prob, thats a great idea infact, but it wasnt necessary to delete my thread because of it. A simple pm notifying me to change it would've really done the trick. So I reposted my thread with the state prefix, it's no longer either, I did a search and cannot find it, no idea why this one was deleted. Thanks power hungry moderators, I see how much you like to dictate your forum.
    FYI it CLEARLY STATES in the "For Sale" Forum that "threads without a statecode will be deleted". Maybe next time you will pay more attention and do as the forum says, i.e. "Read this sticky before posting." -- http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18157
    or this one Sale/Wanted Rules & Guidelines that says it blatently obvious in the TITLE.

You live, you learn.

If anything, there's not ENOUGH moderation in these forums with the recent outbreak of identity-theft spammers. More bannings please!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    This is a screenshot of your second thread. I still don't see a state code. No offense, but I shouldn't have to send out 15 PMs a day to people who didn't read the rules. The first thing you should do before posting a thread is read through the rules and regulations.
    Last edited by Trainrex; 04-09-2008 at 01:05 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's the first:
    Last edited by Trainrex; 04-09-2008 at 01:05 PM.

i will have to put my .02 in on this. It is imperative to read the rules and forum stickies before posting. There are rules and regulations. I would not point the finger at Trainrex or any other moderators for my misdoing. The fact that your thread didnt have the state written on was just cause to remove it, that is it.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    FYI it CLEARLY STATES in the "For Sale" Forum that "threads without a statecode will be deleted". Maybe next time you will pay more attention and do as the forum says, i.e. "Read this sticky before posting." -- http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18157
    or this one Sale/Wanted Rules & Guidelines that says it blatently obvious in the TITLE.

You live, you learn.

If anything, there's not ENOUGH moderation in these forums with the recent outbreak of identity-theft spammers. More bannings please!

And people like you are the reason there is moderators. PMS kills.. dont get all upset.. i said the first post was my fault, but there was an easier way to correct it rather than deleting the post... thats over moderating.

Peachypumpkincheeks

And people like you are the reason there is moderators. PMS kills.. dont get all upset.. i said the first post was my fault, but there was an easier way to correct it rather than deleting the post... thats over moderating.
    Upset? Ha! I laugh at your n00bieness. Gee, sorry I pointed out YOUR mistakes.

It's NOT over moderating, it's keeping everything in balance. You can't let some things slide thru, it's all stated in the rules (which I kindly gave you links to).

Funny how you respond to my post and acclaim "PMS!!" when the other two posters pretty much just reworded what I had already said.

Ban.

I Support ClubWRX
    i said the first post was my fault, but there was an easier way to correct it rather than deleting the post... thats over moderating.
    If I only had one person to contact every day, it would be a different story. Take a look at the screen shot, the second was the same story.

in speedette's defense she clearly post the exact rule that tells everyone who posts in the for sale section that if they do not include the state it will automatically be deleted. i feel there should be no argument over this, plain and simple.
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright guys, I just added a little note under "title" stating that you have to include your state code in there. I hope this will elminiate 90% of our problems.
    Tim
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by br3ez
    in speedette's defense she clearly post the exact rule that tells everyone who posts in the for sale section that if they do not include the state it will automatically be deleted. i feel there should be no argument over this, plain and simple.
    +1

Over moderation isn't the problem, people not reading is.

If Speedette has PMS for pointing out the rules to you, what does Trainrex have? Pretty offensive remark IMO.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

Peachypumpkincheeks

Awww, feel the love....

....Alright! Who copped a feel!?!?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast