Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? - Page 6

View Poll Results: What kind of member are you planing on being?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, $1a month is like $12 a year! I'll post but I won't Pay

26 50.00%
  • Basic Supporter

13 25.00%
  • Silver Supporter

9 17.31%
  • Gold Supporter

4 7.69%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Blah, anyways, different people will value the forum differently, the forum is a free service for enthusiasts and the donations ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Blah, anyways, different people will value the forum differently, the forum is a free service for enthusiasts and the donations is just a bonus, I think the thread originally started because there was a misconception that the existing privileges were being taken away and members are being forced to pay a fee to use the site. Now that is all cleared up Iíd like to stop talking about some of the complaints that has come up because Iím pretty tired of it. I do appreciate everyone being here as long as youíre contributing, whether youíre just helping other people, buying parts from the supporting vendors/dealers on the site, or if youíre making a financial contribution.
    Tim
    Admin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    IBTL
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Well, I am happy with the changes. I had no problem getting a silver subscription either. I wanted to contribute because I think that Tim has done a great job on here and I am sure that the money will come in handy to make this site even better. I have almost always used other sites to host my images (photobucket, cardomain) so the space doesn't bother me. Can the whining stop so that we can get back to more important things.....like post wh0ring?
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I Support ClubWRX
    I REALLY want to go Silver, but PayPal is it. I am wary of PayPal - anyone else?

I like keeping my banking / finacial affairs simple. 1 credit card, 1 credit union account and one bank checking account for my mortgage and related home needs (the bank is my mortgage lender).
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I REALLY want to go Silver, but PayPal is it. I am wary of PayPal - anyone else?

I like keeping my banking / finacial affairs simple. 1 credit card, 1 credit union account and one bank checking account for my mortgage and related home needs (the bank is my mortgage lender).
    Agreed, for some reason I've always been leary of PayPal.
    Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that over half of those who voted will be donating!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    Reguarding the file attachment quotas, I try to use my own webserver as much as possible. I just feel that if it were my server, i'd want it as least cluttered as possible for linking pictures. Pictures do take up memory which in turn boggs down bandwidth etc.

my .02

EDIT: the inline editing is SWEEET! Fantastic job Tim and all others who helped!

~myke
    +100000

inline editing is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Because it's just dumb... and I hate stupid things...
    You must really be hating yourself right now. Blazin's point has been crystal clear from the first. You seem to be the only one that doesn't get it. If only life were as simple as you. Magik.

The reason those radio stations don't make money is because they don't have traffic....
    Think of it as Public Radio or TV. It's there if you want to use it, but if you donate some money you get some nice little trinket like a CD or DVD or maybe public recognition if you donate enough (only in this case, for all of you thickies out there, it's some extra site privelages).

Sorry for the rant, but, man! Three pages on something so simple.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Okay people!!!!

Now we're just
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    You must really be hating yourself right now. Blazin's point has been crystal clear from the first. You seem to be the only one that doesn't get it. If only life were as simple as you. Magik.

Think of it as Public Radio or TV. It's there if you want to use it, but if you donate some money you get some nice little trinket like a CD or DVD or maybe public recognition if you donate enough (only in this case, for all of you thickies out there, it's some extra site privelages).

acutally its 5
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Agreed, for some reason I've always been leary of PayPal.
    Also, I'm pleasantly surprised that over half of those who voted will be donating!
    same here so i got a specific credit card for internet stuff which i mointor very closely, and i think i made the credit limit like 300 bucks so they aint getting that much stuff from me
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAWRX
    same here so i got a specific credit card for internet stuff which i mointor very closely, and i think i made the credit limit like 300 bucks so they aint getting that much stuff from me
    That's a good idea, I really don't care for pay pal but it's convienient, and putting a limit on teh account makes good sense.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX

pay pal is awesome, one time I got burned by someone, and i told pay pal, and they sent me money back.... also today, speedette was buying me headers for x-mas :-D and she had me use her account, and in my message to the person I was sending the money to, I made a comment that my girlfriend offered to pay, this is why it's from her.... and pay pal called heather immediately to verify this with her.... pay pal is incredibly secure and safe
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott

haha, I don't know anyone who donates money to nbc or fox... haha, people make donations to charities, especially companies do that, because often they are good write offs, and the recognition online, is like an advertisment.... I guess I'm dumb, I only do business development for a living.... and I'm pretty good at it
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    Well, I am happy with the changes. I had no problem getting a silver subscription either. I wanted to contribute because I think that Tim has done a great job on here and I am sure that the money will come in handy to make this site even better. I have almost always used other sites to host my images (photobucket, cardomain) so the space doesn't bother me. Can the whining stop so that we can get back to more important things.....like post wh0ring?
    +1 Just dropped my money off for my Silver Membership. I love this site, it is a great community. A community is something that you take part in, it is your home. This has become my community, I have no problem with making a small monetary contribution as part of what I consider a "civic responsibility" to this community. I like what Tim has done for us and what he continues to do. We don't have BS advertisements, stupid hot links and other assorted CRAP that muddles up the entire site. If $3 a month keeps all of these things out of MY community, then right on! Where do I sign up? Oh yeah... I just did.

Much love ClubWRX.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

pay pal is awesome, one time I got burned by someone, and i told pay pal, and they sent me money back....
    yeah, paypal really is awesome. i got burned once too, and i told paypal, and they tried to make ME pay for the items that the other guy stole from ME!!!! And not just the original amount, but DOUBLE. To which I still dont understand why to this day. granted looking back i dont think the guy i sold them to was an "approved" buyer according to paypal or whatever they call them. so of course in their eyes it was my fault. but that is also why i will never use paypal again.

SO. Back to the question thats been posed a few times already. I love this site, post regularly, have no problems with current attachtment issues, and without this site my day (both at work and at home) would be very boring. I would like to of my own free will make a donation to this fabulous site and show my support for a forum thats helped me do more things with my car than I'd ever imagined I could do, but paypal is NO option for me. Tell me oh great and merciful admin, how may I serve you?

k, gonna go wipe my nose off now.