Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? - Page 5

View Poll Results: What kind of member are you planing on being?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, $1a month is like $12 a year! I'll post but I won't Pay

26 50.00%
  • Basic Supporter

13 25.00%
  • Silver Supporter

9 17.31%
  • Gold Supporter

4 7.69%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi I havent posted a picture in over 2 years, so the standard amount is fine by ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I havent posted a picture in over 2 years, so the standard amount is fine by me.
    Exactly!!!!!!! For the people that love to post pics, why should we get the same amount when there's tons of empty 1MB's sitting there?

And I love and respect this site highly. If I didn't I wouldn't be posting here and I certainly wouldn't be posting my concerns about the changes that could effect my enjoyment. I'm just trying to find a solution, not cause a problem.

Oh, and can I have your 1MB then if you're not going to use it?

Edit: And I'm going to try hosting my pics thru photobucket, etc. I was just looking for suggestions. And also, I have no problem making a donation. I'm just striving to get questions answered.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not sure what the max is, is it 1MB now for regular members? If so, who decided 1MB would be the limit since 1MB is a really a small amount (3 pics max?). How about 10MB for everyone, and 100MB for silver, and 500MB for gold or something. Just a suggestion, but I'm sure the admins here already had a big discussion and decided that what they have set now was the best...

I'm cool with it, however it kinda would suck when you search the archives and stickies and all the how to pics and other cool pics have been removed because the user needed more space..

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah sure while your at it I routinely short shift my car at around 2500 rpms.....that leaves atleast 4k not being used..feel free to rev yours up to 10.5k using my left over

When I apply my deorderant there always seems to be a little bit left on the top that never really makes it way onto my arm pit....can i get your PO box....you can have that to.

It's common for me to leave a sip or two in whatever container I'm drinking out of....Once I compile an 2 gallon bottle of ice teas and coke....that will be heading your way.

Grrr....i'll probaly end up editing this for niceness.....but I had to get this out of my system....no harm ment.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Guys, the fewer pics that are "Attached" the more free space the server has, and the faster the website runs, loads, etc. Just link from picture hosting websites...that's why they exist.

Plus attaching limits how many threads can have the same pics. Many times two different threads require the same image and attaching only allows the pic in one thread.

If you want more space, donate.
    If you love clubWRX and want to make Tim's life easier, donate.

If you are just here casually, dont donate.
    If you think that donations are communist, dont donate.

I post on S2Ki.com, and ClubRSX periodically. I am not a premium member, i dont donate, and i dont complain about missing out on some cool features (sig pics, unrated boards, item discounts, etc).

I spend most of my day on ClubWRX, i love this place, and the community, so i am a Gold member.

Let's just try and keep this respectful. Tim has done a lot for us. Let's give him some support (either financial, or just by being nice and understanding).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Guys, the fewer pics that are "Attached" the more free space the server has, and the faster the website runs, loads, etc. Just link from picture hosting websites...that's why they exist.

Plus attaching limits how many threads can have the same pics. Many times two different threads require the same image and attaching only allows the pic in one thread.

If you want more space, donate.
    If you love clubWRX and want to make Tim's life easier, donate.

If you are just here casually, dont donate.
    If you think that donations are communist, dont donate.

I post on S2Ki.com, and ClubRSX periodically. I am not a premium member, i dont donate, and i dont complain about missing out on some cool features (sig pics, unrated boards, item discounts, etc).

I spend most of my day on ClubWRX, i love this place, and the community, so i am a Gold member.

Let's just try and keep this respectful. Tim has done a lot for us. Let's give him some support (either financial, or just by being nice and understanding).
    +1
    Thats why it's a DONATION, theres no obligation to give if you don't want to. I think the 1MB storage space seems like an inconvenience, but so are horrendous loading times and the site being down. I guess you have to trade one outcome for the other. I'd rather host my pics than have site outages. Eitherway, if you want to give, then give, if you don't, don't.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Exactly!!!!!!! For the people that love to post pics, why should we get the same amount when there's tons of empty 1MB's sitting there?

And I love and respect this site highly. If I didn't I wouldn't be posting here and I certainly wouldn't be posting my concerns about the changes that could effect my enjoyment. I'm just trying to find a solution, not cause a problem.

Oh, and can I have your 1MB then if you're not going to use it?

Edit: And I'm going to try hosting my pics thru photobucket, etc. I was just looking for suggestions. And also, I have no problem making a donation. I'm just striving to get questions answered.

I'd think it'd be a much better idea to just use a different host. It'll save plenty of bandwidth and PLENTY of free picture host sites exist.

I'm not really talking about the web space each member has. I'm more worry about the lost of information in the archives from people deleting pics so they can make room for newer pics and at the same time don't donate...

Peachypumpkincheeks

OMG I <3 photobucket!!!!!!!

i see where speedette, is coming from with her yearbook but it isnt that hard to just sign up for a FREE image hosting site for these pics, hell if u run over one ill make one and host some of the old ones that arent gonna get updated.

and Magikman i like how ur so concerned about losing your previlages about posting on a wrx forum when u dont own one, so u showing lots of pics about ur updates would be better suited for a LS1 forum

Nasioc doesnt let u upload pictures on their site at all and they still seem to be showing pics of their cars just fine.

however much space is free, is enough, and money shouldnt be a option for anyone here, yes i understand that some people dont make that much, but if its such a big deal i think u can save the 33 cents a day that it would cost u to be a gold member

or 3 cents a for the basic or 9 cents for silver
    Last edited by UofAWRX; 12-06-2005 at 09:22 PM.
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    OMG I <3 photobucket!!!!!!!
    see nothing hady about it...sometimes it takes a "bad" thing to find out a good thing. enjoy
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by UofAWRX
    Magikman i like how ur so concerned about losing your previlages about posting on a wrx forum when u dont own one, so u showing lots of pics about ur updates would be better suited for a LS1 forum
    +1
    Someone had to say it
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Magikman i like how ur so concerned about losing your previlages about posting on a wrx forum when u dont own one, so u showing lots of pics about ur updates would be better suited for a LS1 forum

A very ignorant comment imo, you dont need to own a wrx to be an active member here

fact of the matter is that a lot of the well established members heres dont even own subarus anymore and a lot of the members here have never owned one.
    - Local Riceist

Peachypumpkincheeks

i see where speedette, is coming from with her yearbook but it isnt that hard to just sign up for a FREE image hosting site for these pics, hell if u run over one ill make one and host some of the old ones that arent gonna get updated.

and Magikman i like how ur so concerned about losing your previlages about posting on a wrx forum when u dont own one, so u showing lots of pics about ur updates would be better suited for a LS1 forum

Nasioc doesnt let u upload pictures on their site at all and they still seem to be showing pics of their cars just fine.

however much space is free, is enough
    1) I didn't know about the (free) web-hosting sites until this thread. See above posts.

2) You don't have to own a WRX to be a fan or enjoy posting here!!!! Lots of members still post here who don't own WRXes (i.e. dsel and Southpaw to name a couple)

3) I think most people are just a little upset because there was NO WARNING that this was going to happen and nothing notifying us of the upcoming changes, so they are seeking answers.

4) And I agree that I'm just worried people will start deleting old pics to make room, and these could be very useful pics accompanying the technological threads.

5) And you can't really compare ClubWRX to any other forum, we are in our own element.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you guys for making sense of this. I honestly don't mind providing more space for people to post, but even if I increased the quota for everyone on the web I will most likely still offer something better for the supporting members, and because we're not in the business of selling printable pictures etc we will never be able to provide what other websites are offering for free. I'm happy to see that more and more people are open to donate, and I am still deciding whether or not its necessary to boost the members' quotas. Space is cheap so it's nothing worth arguing about, I just wanted people to keep the size of their avatars and attachments to the minumum so the pages could load faster.
    Tim
    Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    A very ignorant comment imo, you dont need to own a wrx to be an active member here

fact of the matter is that a lot of the well established members heres dont even own subarus anymore and a lot of the members here have never owned one.
    yes i know that but like other people said no one is forceing him to stay here and post. i didnt want it to come out that he has to own one to post, but he is also making the biggest deal about it
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.