Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What kind of member are you planing on being?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, $1a month is like $12 a year! I'll post but I won't Pay

26 50.00%
  • Basic Supporter

13 25.00%
  • Silver Supporter

9 17.31%
  • Gold Supporter

4 7.69%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by MagikMan If it's a good idea, than it's like saying that it'd be a good idea to ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    If it's a good idea, than it's like saying that it'd be a good idea to pay nbc money to watch their tv??? Or that it'd be a good idea to send your favorite radio station money for no reason..... If they need cash, you bring in people that want to advertise, and to us on the website, it's nice to find vendors... it keeps their prices competitve and when we buy from there, that's how the site gets paid..... doesn't make sense... I don't know too many people who think it's a good idea to give away money, tim already said that the site earns enough money to support itself...
    Do you want me and all the moderators to drive to your house and clean your bathroom for you? Your analogy doesn't make too much sense. FYI there are a lot of local radio stations that doens't make a whole lot of money from their advertisers so they make donations an option for royal and hardcore users. If you don't like the idea, don't bother with it, I really don't undrestand what you're so bitter about. If you don't like it so much why don't you just go to another site, there's plenty of enthusiast sites and out there and you're not obligated to stay here.
    Tim
    Admin
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Because it's just dumb... and I hate stupid things... The reason those radio stations don't make money is because they don't have traffic.... the only reason I'm posting is because there was a change made, and you bolded that there wasn't, but all of sudden, speedette had well exceeded her limit, yet she hadn't a few days ago.... that's one thing I would change about this site, the one thing I like about ls1tech is how, there are all those helpful links to vendors on the side.... if you are needing money to put into the site:

1st: max out what you can from vendors... if this isn't enough
    2nd: then go for donations
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    I am now a silver supporter. Thanks,Tim!

me too! I think some people were simply stating that there is a minute change in some aspects not that they dontt appreciate all the work and other changes. I am personally happy with a few changes and security. Thank you Tim.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Peachypumpkincheeks

So then to appease your beloved users.......how can we increase our attachment allotment if we don't want to pay a yearly subscription fee?

1) Use a host (very sketchy)
    2) Other suggestions??
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

And the other thing that's stupid, is if you have the ablility to upgrade people's accounts than you should do it for everyone, not make people pay for it... it's all the people that are on here that make the vendors want to pay... It's the mass of the people that make this site have enough money... it's stupid to have upgraded accounts that you have to pay for... everyone essentially pays for this server by looking at any kind of advertisements, yet we should be penalized by not having an "upgraded" account because we don't want to pay even more for it....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    So then to appease your beloved users.......how can we increase our attachment allotment if we don't want to pay a yearly subscription fee?

1) Use a host (very sketchy)
    2) Other suggestions??
    Resize the images. Smaller image> no image.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    doesn't have anything to do with how much we are allowed..... read her post again....

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    Yeah I've already tried that. The problem is my ClubWRX Yearbook thread......already as little in size as possible but has more-than consumed my whole attachment allotment. So I cannot update it.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Hey Tim! Can I have all the attachment allotment MBs from the members who don't post here anymore??

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Yeah I've already tried that. The problem is my ClubWRX Yearbook thread......already as little in size as possible but has more-than consumed my whole attachment allotment. So I cannot update it.
    Maybe you could host that thread somewhere else (if your up for it, I've heard photobucket works well), and that way you could free up your "attachment alotment" over here @ ClubDUB...other than that it might be time to say
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

why is it that someone else can afford to let people host for free, yet clubwrx can't? kinda crappy, when we are what makes this site money

Has anyone just asked Tim nicely if he'd be willing to free up more space for that Yearbook thread specfically? Special cases could be made for items that benefit the community.

Arguments are usually less productive than discussions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    why is it that someone else can afford to let people host for free, yet clubwrx can't? kinda crappy, when we are what makes this site money

I'm only offering people something more because I wanted to give them something more than a recognition for being a contributing member, if you can't understand that that's too bad for you. I can talk about economics and price segmentation or price descrimination with you but you will just come back with "If you can do it for free, why not give it to us?" Anyways, I don't feel the need to justify myself in this case and I'm just sick of arguing with you.

Here are some sites that's more suitable for you - http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...n&q=free+stuff
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    It has left a very bad taste in my mouth about the comments made on the donations stuff. Maybe this isnt the place for me to say it, but if you are that worried about your yearbook thread, either host it someplace else or just leave. No one if forcing you to donate or spend time on this forum. I dont think it's unlogical to limit the amount of space one person can post. I havent posted a picture in over 2 years, so the standard amount is fine by me. If you need more you can either give a couple dollars to this site...or host them elsewhere. If you find a site with a good reputation what is "shady" about it. I think it's a great idea and makes sense to have an offer to donate.

It just seems like some people (2 in particular) dont have an appreication for the site, the sites rules, or the sites admin. If you have that much of an issue dont bother posting it here......or better yet dont bother posting at all......

For the members who donated (or would if they could)
    For the 2 people making a drama over nothing
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Reguarding the file attachment quotas, I try to use my own webserver as much as possible. I just feel that if it were my server, i'd want it as least cluttered as possible for linking pictures. Pictures do take up memory which in turn boggs down bandwidth etc.

my .02

EDIT: the inline editing is SWEEET! Fantastic job Tim and all others who helped!

~myke
    Last edited by mykedude; 12-06-2005 at 08:08 PM.
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.