Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? - Page 3

View Poll Results: What kind of member are you planing on being?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, $1a month is like $12 a year! I'll post but I won't Pay

26 50.00%
  • Basic Supporter

13 25.00%
  • Silver Supporter

9 17.31%
  • Gold Supporter

4 7.69%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; sweet good to know, did anything change in the whole getting a new registration to slow down the limit of ...

sweet good to know, did anything change in the whole getting a new registration to slow down the limit of spamers,

magicgun calm it down a little
    for kids with attitude
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    NOTHING HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY
    Hi Tim! While I do enjoy the site, it seems that some sort of "attachment allotment cap" has been put in place ever since the update. I happen to be a visual person and post pictures often through attachments. Well after this change all of a sudden I am not allowed to post any more attachments and somehow I have already exceeded my attachment allotment by about 3.5mb! Obviously some sort of cap has been put in place to limit members since this change and the only way to increase your allotment is through purchasing a subscription. While I wholeheartedly don't mind donating to ClubWRX whenever I can, this comes as a real bummer to me. Especially since I worked really hard on my prize thread, the "ClubWRX Yearbook". Maybe you haven't seen this thread yet, well it is located here: CLUBWRX YEARBOOK (no 56K)
    The problem is, of course it's going to be a big file and I shrank it down as much as I could. But even if I delete every single attachment except for the Yearbook pics, I will still be exceeding my attachment allotment and will be unable to make any updates to the Yearbook. That is, unless I get a gold membership. I find this very unfortunate, as a loyal and loved ClubWRX member, that I be coerced into purchasing a membership just to give something back to the community.

Sorry to go on and on, I'm just trying to justify that there has been a change in the site that has not been for the better and that I think we should be given space based on seniority or worthy postage.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Hi Tim! While I do enjoy the site, it seems that some sort of "attachment allotment cap" has been put in place ever since the update. I happen to be a visual person and post pictures often through attachments. Well after this change all of a sudden I am not allowed to post any more attachments and somehow I have already exceeded my attachment allotment by about 3.5mb! Obviously some sort of cap has been put in place to limit members since this change and the only way to increase your allotment is through purchasing a subscription. While I wholeheartedly don't mind donating to ClubWRX whenever I can, this comes as a real bummer to me. Especially since I worked really hard on my prize thread, the "ClubWRX Yearbook". Maybe you haven't seen this thread yet, well it is located here: CLUBWRX YEARBOOK (no 56K)
    The problem is, of course it's going to be a big file and I shrank it down as much as I could. But even if I delete every single attachment except for the Yearbook pics, I will still be exceeding my attachment allotment and will be unable to make any updates to the Yearbook. That is, unless I get a gold membership. I find this very unfortunate, as a loyal and loved ClubWRX member, that I be coerced into purchasing a membership just to give something back to the community.

Sorry to go on and on, I'm just trying to justify that there has been a change in the site that has not been for the better and that I think we should be given space based on seniority or worthy postage.
    host it else where?
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

I Support ClubWRX
    www.photobucket.com <free hosting

that's not the issue, the issue is obviously there has been some form of change....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    that's not the issue, the issue is obviously there has been some form of change....
    Change happens all the time. So far the concensus is that the change was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    www.photobucket.com <free hosting

Thanks, ill give that a shot. This donation thing isnt a bad idea.... we all come here most of us on a daily basis.. time to give back? Maybe once i get some money (not anytime soon ) ill donate some.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette

+1
    that was my only gripe, the attachment cap @ 1MB. I was about 4-5MB over that and felt restricted when I had to delete that many pictures, because I too value pictures greatly in threads. Many threads are useless without them. I hope that this doesn't discourage people from posting pictures (as I now am) as i find them very helpful. We'll just have to wait and see.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I didn't think the photo limit was a problem, I don't know what the huge fuss is about. If it was a problem to start with someone should of just messaged me and requested for more spaces. I'd think most decent size pictures should be around 30-50k each, thats' sufficient for 20-30 pictures. We also have photopost (which is being re-integrated right now) where memers can post pictures, and I will promote that a lot more since a lot members don't really take advantage of it. So far I don't think storage is a big deal, I just don't want people to post 3 pictures that are 2MB each if we were to offer more space. I'll have a look at the server space and see if we should raise the limit on the attachments etc. To be honest it's quite upsetting to see some of the negative comments thrown out after spending so much time and effort to add new features on the forum.
    Tim
    Admin

If it's a good idea, than it's like saying that it'd be a good idea to pay nbc money to watch their tv??? Or that it'd be a good idea to send your favorite radio station money for no reason..... If they need cash, you bring in people that want to advertise, and to us on the website, it's nice to find vendors... it keeps their prices competitve and when we buy from there, that's how the site gets paid..... doesn't make sense... I don't know too many people who think it's a good idea to give away money, tim already said that the site earns enough money to support itself...
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    Well, I didn't think the photo limit was a problem, I don't know what the huge fuss is about. If it was a problem to start with someone should of just messaged me and requested for more spaces. I'd think most decent size pictures should be around 30-50k each, thats' sufficient for 20-30 pictures. We also have photopost (which is being re-integrated right now) where memers can post pictures, and I will promote that a lot more since a lot members don't really take advantage of it. So far I don't think storage is a big deal, I just don't want people to post 3 pictures that are 2MB each if we were to offer more space. I'll have a look at the server space and see if we should raise the limit on the attachments etc. To be honest it's quite upsetting to see some of the negative comments thrown out after spending so much time and effort to add new features on the forum.
    I apreciate the consideration that you are giving to our opinions, and I also completely understand what you're saying about people taking advantage of a good thing. Maybe it just seems a bit harsh to me because it's new and I just need a few days to get used to it. Either way, the site is great and all the upgrades are greatly apreciated . Thanks again for all that you have done!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    If it's a good idea, than it's like saying that it'd be a good idea to pay nbc money to watch their tv??? Or that it'd be a good idea to send your favorite radio station money for no reason..... If they need cash, you bring in people that want to advertise, and to us on the website, it's nice to find vendors... it keeps their prices competitve and when we buy from there, that's how the site gets paid..... doesn't make sense... I don't know too many people who think it's a good idea to give away money, tim already said that the site earns enough money to support itself...
    If you don't want to give money to the site, then don't. Simple
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    I apreciate the consideration that you are giving to our opinions, and I also completely understand what you're saying about people taking advantage of a good thing. Maybe it just seems a bit harsh to me because it's new and I just need a few days to get used to it. Either way, the site is great and all the upgrades are greatly apreciated . Thanks again for all that you have done!

Thats the spirit, we should all be happy the forum still exists... otherwise we might have to go to.... Nasioc!
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ugh... sorry to sound so agitated, I do appreciate those of you who do offer to make the donation, the thought that you guys would LIKE TO make the contribution means a lot to me. If you guys have the extra bucks in your pocket and would like to contribute then feel free to do so, I don't expect anyone to make a donation, even if you spend 12 hours a day on the forum for the last 5 years.

The thought that some people are literally complaining about having donations and the ability to upgrade the membership really boggles my mind. I'd like to think that I'm one of the nicer admins on the internet and I am constantly working with the people on the forum to give them what they want, and yet some people can just look past everything and be bitter about a donation that is not mandatory.

I'm suprised to see that a lot of people would LIKE to make a donatoin, and guess what? If enough people are willing to make the donation and we have more vendors signing up with our forum, we can offer as much space as you like to upload all the pictures that you have on our state of the art web servers. Then we can hire some senior web developers to customize the site so people can have the site exactly the way they want it, how they want it. What's so bad about that?

Okay I'm done venting...
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    I am now a silver supporter. Thanks,Tim!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts