Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What kind of member are you planing on being?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, $1a month is like $12 a year! I'll post but I won't Pay

26 50.00%
  • Basic Supporter

13 25.00%
  • Silver Supporter

9 17.31%
  • Gold Supporter

4 7.69%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Are you going to walk the walk? or just talk the talk? within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; I really want to ante up, but I will not use Pay Pal. What other options might there be? Tim: ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I really want to ante up, but I will not use Pay Pal.

What other options might there be?

Tim: Your PM Inbox is full
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 12-06-2005 at 01:57 PM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    I definitely will be donating some $$$ but probably not enough to increase my attachment allotment if any.

Which really sucks because I'm hosting the ClubWRX Yearbook thread which has gobbled up all my attachment allotment! So not ony am I maxed out but I can't update the pictures unless I donate money.
    I'm sure there are a few clubWRXers here that would be glad to help you out with a small donation... maybe as a christmas present? (omg start a thread!) with all the money left over you can buy a pink RAZR v3......

or maybe you could just pull down the ClubWRX yearbook thread pics down
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Blazin, I know that you said the place runs fine with support the way it is, but here's some food for thought. I'm a member over at TDPRI. com, which is a guitar forum. They have a donation drive every year around this time to support operating expenses. They give out some sweet prizes that are donated by members and vendors. The big prizes are usually worth a grand or more. Maybe that could encourage paid membership here. Get one of your vendors to put up a turboback package or even a turbo upgrade and watch the dollars roll in.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    im sure a lot of people will agree with me... but one of the really big reasons I like this forum is because it isnt completely cluttered with sig banners (pictures) like other forums.. its just way too much on the eyes, I think the Avatars work just fine.

keep it clean!

but ya,
    I'll probably be donating a little money because I enjoy these forums a lot and I'd like to show a little support... maybe after Christmas is over... ive got a lot of spending to do.
    +1
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey guys,

Just to clear things up. You guys are still allowed to post attachments and send PMs, but you're limited to 100 PMs in your mailbox, all you have to do is delete the old PMs if you run out of room. I just reached my 100 Private Message limit and i went ahead and deleted some old ones, it's that simple. Basically I just listed the benefits, and becuase they're not listed doesn't mean that I took it away. You can still do everything that you were doing for the last 5 years and you wouldn't notice a difference.

The membership upgrade is there for people who want to have more than what is currently being offered, and the donations is really for those who want to contribute more. I bundled them becuase I feel that those who contribute more should be recognized and I have no problem up-ing their limits, that's all.

We didn't have pictures in the signatures becuase we don't want the forum to become too messy, and I will not offer things like that to the supporting members.

I really have to spend a lot of time talking to different manufacturers to see what prizes we can come up with on a annual or semi-annual drawing. I'll put more thoughts into it, and maybe when the program does get set up you guys can help contacing the manufacturers.
    Tim
    Admin

business 101

It's stupid to have a subscription, if you are that worried about making some extra money, then make room for a few more subtle advertisements.... the way you make money from vendors is with traffic.... you want to do everything you can to increase traffic so you can have a more valued site to vendors.....charging members to use the basic features will most definitely slow traffic over time... the only time you should charge your customers, is if you have something to offer that the competition can't, I think you'll see an initial burst, with people supporting the site and what not, but it will die down. I think it's a horrible idea, and it makes no business sense.

look at the way www.ls1tech.com advertises their vendors.... I love the way they do it, it's nice to have links to all those places that sell stuff I might buy some day.
    Last edited by MagikMan; 12-06-2005 at 02:49 PM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    Blazin, I know that you said the place runs fine with support the way it is, but here's some food for thought. I'm a member over at TDPRI. com, which is a guitar forum. They have a donation drive every year around this time to support operating expenses. They give out some sweet prizes that are donated by members and vendors. The big prizes are usually worth a grand or more. Maybe that could encourage paid membership here. Get one of your vendors to put up a turboback package or even a turbo upgrade and watch the dollars roll in.
    thats a great idea... im all for it especially as Christmas rolls near.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would definately take part in a ClubWRX raffle!

I Support ClubWRX

MagikMan,

I don't know how long you've been on our forum and I don't even think you read waht I wrote in the last couple of posts. The Subscription is only called a subscription becuase the software is set up that way, and it's only for the people who VOLUNTARILY WANT TO MAKE A DONATION. I'm not making people pay to use ClubWRX.net and we are not relying on people's donations to keep the forum up and running. Plus, our goal at ClubWRX is not to maximize profits or anything, it's just something that I set up since a lot of members have offered to make a donation before when we offered stuff like free stickers. So please take this into consideration before you lecture people about how thier forum with your business 101.
    Tim
    Admin

But what are they paying for? basic features that they already had if you didn't start this? It doesn't make sense, people donate for things they want, don't take things away from them and say if you want these things then pay.... such as uploading pictures.... If you aren't trying to maximize profits and stuff, why would you charge people for basic stuff?
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX

The Subscription is only called a subscription becuase the software is set up that way, and it's only for the people who VOLUNTARILY WANT TO MAKE A DONATION.
    Any subscription is voluntary.... when you pay to have certain services and to continue these services.... you must "donate" monthly... this is a subscription

I Support ClubWRX
    Tim, I just want to take a minute to say thank you for setting up this forum in the first place! It's a great place to hang out and learn about our beloved Subie's. I think that the changes you've made are great, the site flows better now IMHO, and I'll be a Silver Supporter as of tonight. Thanks again!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    -Doug C.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Tim, I just want to take a minute to say thank you for setting up this forum in the first place! It's a great place to hang out and learn about our beloved Subie's. I think that the changes you've made are great, the site flows better now IMHO, and I'll be a Silver Supporter as of tonight. Thanks again!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    -Doug C.
    +1 Billion. I was at Nasioc a little when I first bought my Scooby, but this is home. Thanks Tim for upgrading and starting this site to begin with.

MagikMan---What are you whining about? NOTHING has changed for members of this site other than ease of use. Read what Tim posted. I for one am going to subscribe. I spend enough time here, get lots of help, laugh my a$$ off, and get to interact with fellow Scooby enthusiasts. It's an awesome place!
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Makiman,

NOTHING HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY

Dangit, what do I have to do to make it clear that regular members here still have ALL the same features and benefits that they had in the last 5 years. The dontations and membership upgrades is a bonus for people who do want to make a contribution so we can continue to make improvements to the site. The origional idea was to have a little picture set up next to the users' names so they can be recognized as someone who values the site enough to make a donation, and while I'm trying to figure that out I decided to offer MORE than what was already set in place. So you can look at it in two ways, one is that you make a donation and to thank you for it we offer a few additional features, or you can see it as a basic subscription so you can get additional benefits. I don't understand why you're having such a hard time understanding it.
    Tim
    Admin

Tim, count me in for a subscription, but not until the new year

It is holiday season and insurance month (pay 900 every 3 mos) boo.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast