More bandwidth!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on More bandwidth!!! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 Whoa...seriously...I've just been out-geeked i was actualli thinking to flush my iptables and mesure again for ...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Whoa...seriously...I've just been out-geeked

i was actualli thinking to flush my iptables and mesure again for 1 month to ha ve a actual graficks comparation... but im scared that some one will actually gain root and then ill have to explain to the NOC why my server is spaming and re isntall (gentoo 2 days of installation) so.. i think i will think it a bit more.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by orvtech
    " It all has to do with VBB and mostly MySQL" did you ran TOP ? did you check the logs ??? http://www.systemwars.com/forums/index.php? has the the same config than you (in memory refering) but a AMD proc (im not big fan of AMD becouse of poor performance) and im almos sute they receive way more hits and traffic than you guys .. theere a alot of post-spamers there so the querys are alot too. of coures.. there is a difference... they have a different sofware than you guys. but i would check the log files.
    FYI, the site you posted:

Currently Active Users: 51 (35 members and 16 guests)
    Most users ever online was 230, 4 Weeks Ago at 03:50 AM.

clubwrx.net:
    Currently Active Users: 267 (81 members and 186 guests)
    Most users ever online was 1036, 01-22-2004 at 05:43 PM.

This is a big difference, so before you go saying they recieve way more hits and traffic, you should really just check how many users are online. Its 8:32AM right now (PST) and we have 267 users surfing. During peak times it does get quite a bit higher, and the Vbulletin support team suggested a dual processor server with 3 GB of ram for a site our site (judging from our max_connections on mysql). Personally I think its a bit overkill, so we are looking at other ways to lower the load on the server.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, and yes I have checked the logs for these types of "attacks", and we do not experience them often on clubwrx.net.

-Roman

Quote Originally Posted by volfman
    FYI, the site you posted:

Currently Active Users: 51 (35 members and 16 guests)
    Most users ever online was 230, 4 Weeks Ago at 03:50 AM.

clubwrx.net:
    Currently Active Users: 267 (81 members and 186 guests)
    Most users ever online was 1036, 01-22-2004 at 05:43 PM.
    Also, let me say that the site you posted has the following stats:
    Threads: 51,950, Posts: 738,702, Members: 1,382

Clubwrx.net:
    Threads: 108,178, Posts: 1,272,716, Members: 26,264

Not even close really.

Quote Originally Posted by orvtech
    but serously ... check the log files, and letme know .. ican helpyou to tune up your iptables to drop undesired packages.
    I would be very leary of allowing anyone to touch my iptables to remove undesired packages. Damned FedEX is probably slamming this server with crap. Not to mention USPS delivering all the bulk mail to the server. It's really beginning to pile up. That's what the problem is.

That's why I should be in charge of internet access. People should have to take a test (proctored by me of course) to gauge your ability to use the internet. If you fail, NO INTERNET FOR YOU.

Here's a tip, graduate highschool first, then get a job in the IT industry where you're actually running a server and installing stuff that's not fedora, mandriva, or debian (and subsequently using it). Then, please, take an English class for the love of all that is holy. *Then* and only then come back and let me know personally that you've garnered some sort of clue, and I'll give you the test.

- Sparkie

p.s. someone needs to call the maid or something, these packages are a real problem. please open, sort, and dispose of them kthxbye
    Last edited by sparkie; 11-15-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie
    I would be very leary of allowing anyone to touch my iptables to remove undesired packages. Damned FedEX is probably slamming this server with crap. Not to mention USPS delivering all the bulk mail to the server. It's really beginning to pile up. That's what the problem is.

That's why I should be in charge of internet access. People should have to take a test (proctored by me of course) to gauge your ability to use the internet. If you fail, NO INTERNET FOR YOU.

Here's a tip, graduate highschool first, then get a job in the IT industry where you're actually running a server and installing stuff that's not fedora, mandriva, or debian (and subsequently using it). Then, please, take an English class for the love of all that is holy. *Then* and only then come back and let me know personally that you've garnered some sort of clue, and I'll give you the test.

- Sparkie

p.s. someone needs to call the maid or something, these packages are a real problem. please open, sort, and dispose of them kthxbye
    lol

Peachypumpkincheeks

Wow, thanks everyone for making me feel really inferior to the knowledge in this thread.

Now excuse me while I go watch an animated G-rated movie to repair my brain.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I'm reading a lot of "blah blah blah", but if you (Tim) need donations from us members, let everyone know. Even if its only like ten bucks, I am sure that we could have enough donations to really upgrade.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I Support ClubWRX
    *brain... *hurts... owie~~

HAahh first of all, thank you Roman for helping me wiht the upgrade. For those of you who don't know who Volfman is, he's the guru who helps me out with all the back-end stuff for ClubWRX.
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    The site is currently sponsored by vendors we need too much more in order to keep the site running smoothly. However, if we do have more suppose I would think we can offer more to our members in the long run. If you guys feel like making a donation, just buy a set of license plates or some stickers. I'm looking to see if there are additional "features" that we can add onto the site for "premium" members.

Most people are not willing to pay for any kind of membership, but I'll probably have something for general supporting members, premium members, and something else. This will cost about 3 to 15 cents a day for those loyal ClubWRX.net members, and depending on the number of people signing up, we can probably add new features on the site.
    Tim
    Admin

Why couldn't we load balance some of the traffic to people who are willing to help host portions of the site?

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by BlazinWRX
    If you guys feel like making a donation, just buy a set of license plates or some stickers. I'm looking to see if there are additional "features" that we can add onto the site for "premium" members.
    If you expanded to selling t-shirts as well that would be tre` pimp! I've looked everywhere online for WRX t-shirts (and other merchandise) but seldom have any luck. I've resorted to making my own at custom t-shirt shops (which can get pricey!).

Most people (like me) would definitely put up the cash for some sweet ClubWRX shirts! And producing them in mass quantities as you know will save you big $$$.

But make sure to include girl sizes!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    We had something like that on cafepress but they woudln't sell hte products because WRX is supposely licensed by Subaru. If we were to purchase these in volume, it's difficult to tell how many of each people are willing to buy. The whole process just becomes extremely difficult and time consuming.

Right now I dont' know if bandwidth is a problem, the biggest problem that we have currently is the load that the site is putting on the server. The upgraded ram will help and I'm hoping to see a notiable difference. After that we'll have to start preparing for a server upgrade as the site continues to expand.
    Tim
    Admin

I Support ClubWRX
    ahhh screw it. Just get 12 or so blade servers and be done with it. Just think....no heating bills for the winter as these things will do just fine as a furnace too!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.