Grammar! Grammar! Grammar!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; ok so here's my first post on this particular topic see i was just wondering how in the hell people ...

Grammar! Grammar! Grammar!

ok so here's my first post on this particular topic see i was just wondering how in the hell people can graduate high school and still have no clue about hhow to use paragraphs, commas semi-colons or whatever cuz i mean just becauSe it's an interne t site to talk about cars doesn't mean you need good grammar right 'cause i know everyone is enjoying reading what i'm typing right now 00wNeD!!!1!!

I didn't start speaking English 'til I was 12. Maybe it was a miracle, but I'm 24 now, and I still manage to have better grammar than half the idiots on these forums who still can't tell the difference between there, their, or they're, and who only use one paragraph to describe their life story.

I personally believe that a way of improving clubwrx.net is to simply delete replies to threads that look like a jumbled mess of letters. it might seem like a ridiculous idea, but how many of you have *not* been frustrated at one point or another? People give passing mentions in threads, or make fun of each other, but I propose we take it to the next level.

What's a way we can encourage people to use better gammar before they post?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Look dude, while bad grammar is irritating and can make posts hard to read, it is nothing to get all worked up about. I have had this talk with many people, including my dad who thinks he needs to grade all of my emails. This is an informal site and we are having informal discussions, therefore, I dont think it is necessary to turn into the grammar police on everyone. I have not seen one post that I couldn't read, maybe it was harder to read, but none that were completely unreadable. I dont think what people post in here is a representation of their grammar skills, I know I dont write like I am turning it in to the teacher. My intentions in writing this is only to give you another opinion, not to light you up, so dont take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    ok so here's my first post on this particular topic see i was just wondering how in the hell people can graduate high school and still have no clue about hhow to use paragraphs, commas semi-colons or whatever cuz i mean just becauSe it's an interne t site to talk about cars doesn't mean you need good grammar right 'cause i know everyone is enjoying reading what i'm typing right now 00wNeD!!!1!!

I didn't start speaking English 'til I was 12. Maybe it was a miracle, but I'm 24 now, and I still manage to have better grammar than half the idiots on these forums who still can't tell the difference between there, their, or they're, and who only use one paragraph to describe their life story.

I personally believe that a way of improving clubwrx.net is to simply delete replies to threads that look like a jumbled mess of letters. it might seem like a ridiculous idea, but how many of you have *not* been frustrated at one point or another? People give passing mentions in threads, or make fun of each other, but I propose we take it to the next level.

What's a way we can encourage people to use better gammar before they post?
    way to go dude, to start lecturing people about grammar and starting your "essay" with OK and no Capital letter
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    way to go dude, to start lecturing people about grammar and starting your "essay" with OK and no Capital letter
    and it's a 4 line run-on sentence to boot.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I knew this guy was going to get lit up, first rule of being the grammar police, you must have excellent grammar.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOLZ OMG UR Soooooo pwn3d!!!!!111

Happy BBQzorz.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

On that first paragraph thing, I think he was pointing out common grammatical errors. See, he was HIGHLIGHTING mistakes he sees on the site.

That aside, I'm an editor. It's what I do for a living. I fix people's crap writing for money. But for the love of Christ almighty, let people express themselves on a car forum. Maybe they don't work in a field where this matters. Maybe this is the only writing/reading they do in an average day, so don't discourage them.

I had a friend who used to point out grammatical errors during instant message conversations, and I don't talk to him anymore on IM cause it's too fu(king annoying.

Save the English language at work, home, school, etc. but leave the internet to us retards.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

I speeks big good englich liek awesoms!

Dsel you said it even better than me, bravo, you are quite articulate. My dad does the same thing on email, so I dont email him, plain and simple. Getting corrected all the time is irritating in an informal place like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx
    Dsel you said it even better than me, bravo, you are quite articulate.
    That's why they pay me the big bucks and I can buy premium gas and continue to get sh1tty mileage.
    -Lindsay Lohan

first of all, rally, chanwa, houston, and integra never got my joke in the introductory paragraph. i was being sarcastic.

second of all, i never said you shouldn't express yourself on a car forum. we all do that. forgive me, but i see no correlation at all between expressing yourself and making your posts easier to read.

this forum is called "Improving Clubwrx.net". i think making posts easier to understand and read would be a huge improvement.

and why the **** is everyone taking this so seriously? if your posts are easy to read, why get so defensive? sheesh it's just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy

Using phrases such as "half the idiots on these forums" doesn't exactly sound like constructive criticism. It sounds more like intellectual snobbery. When you call people idiots, they occasionally get defensive.

But I see your (not you're) point...
    -Lindsay Lohan

yeah good point.

While I do find it annoying that some people out there cannot write a proper sentence or use the correct punctuation, I figure that as long as I can understand the gist of what they are trying to articulate, who cares? I say let's stick with getting irritated about stupid questions about CAI's and BOV's and only flame people who's grammar and punctuation make it so that none of us can even their post! Just my $.02.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    LOLZ OMG UR Soooooo pwn3d!!!!!111

Happy BBQzorz.

another English lesson: Irony.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.