Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; this is for one thing, if you count how many replies were actually on topic, you could probably delete three ...

this is for one thing, if you count how many replies were actually on topic, you could probably delete three pages of this thread. so don't tell me you're "trying to help me." this is why i'm frustrated.

this site doesn't allow pictures in sig's, so that the *site is easier to browse with less clutter*, and the pages load up quicker. does that mean no one can post pics of their car?

this site does not allow street racing meets, mainly because of reputation: they're trying to keep this site reputable by not condoning bad behavior. does that mean none of the admin's have ever gone for a spirited run on the street? no, but it's a matter of principle.

this site does not allow political chat, to keep flame wars to a minimum and to maintain a level of respect among all members. does that mean no one has a right to express themselves on here?

you guys are taking me as the grammar Nazi. all i'm doing is planning ahead for the future: if 1 out of every 10 threads is hard to read in 2005, then by 2010, at least half the threads will be hard to read. not only is this annoying for every single member of this site, but it will compromise the educational value and fun factor on this site.

i've learned most of what i know about the WRX from a) owning one, and b) this site. i know for a fact that if 50% of the threads were hard to read, comprehend, or frustrating, i would not know half of what i know now, and the site wouldn't have been as much fun.

sorry for the long post, but one last thing: you keep telling me how I'm getting flamed because i'm putting people down; well i've been getting "humored" for the last three pages of this thread and i've never blew up at anyone. i just feel strongly about this topic and my words might get carried away but i'm just *speaking my mind*, which is what you guys have been saying all along.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn d00d... breathe... it going to be OK. It's just a car forum. If it does go to isht, you will be ok without it. In five years the ozone layer will be gone and we'll all melt anyway.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

it's too bad they're shutting down Ali G...guess he ran out of material or people just started catching on.

my favorite is when he's from Kazachstan, shopping for a home.

"where is the cage...for my wife..."

I Support ClubWRX
    Why would someone start a thread about that dude from Cheers.... about the bar with the mailman. The same guy was like a psycho-something or other living with his dad on another show too. I think his name is like helsinki or kelley.....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Why would someone start a thread about that dude from Cheers.... about the bar with the mailman. The same guy was like a psycho-something or other living with his dad on another show too. I think his name is like helsinki or kelley.....
    Ugh ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    this is for one thing,
    you guys are taking me as the grammar Nazi.

NO grammar for you. you go now . i got to go poop now

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    this is for one thing, if you count how many replies were actually on topic, you could probably delete three pages of this thread. so don't tell me you're "trying to help me." this is why i'm frustrated.
    I was being sarcastic, man. Everyone who's been "flaming" you has just been trying to point out that you're taking it too seriously. And now you're taking it way too personally.

you guys are taking me as the grammar Nazi. all i'm doing is planning ahead for the future: if 1 out of every 10 threads is hard to read in 2005, then by 2010, at least half the threads will be hard to read. not only is this annoying for every single member of this site, but it will compromise the educational value and fun factor on this site.

i've learned most of what i know about the WRX from a) owning one, and b) this site. i know for a fact that if 50% of the threads were hard to read, comprehend, or frustrating, i would not know half of what i know now, and the site wouldn't have been as much fun.
    While I agree that poor grammar and such detracts from the overall forum experience, I feel that I should point out that the truly useful posts are well-written. The people who write nearly-impossible-to-read posts are the same people who have nothing useful to add. So if the number of useless posts (and posters) goes up by a factor of five or even ten, then the overall noise level will rise, but the quality posts and body of information will still be here. (That said, I'd still obviously prefer if it didn't come to that.)

i dont care for the poor grammer as long as its readable, able to be separated, and not jumbled up with the wrong words.

i say this topic should be deleated and any post specifically about CAI and BOV. soon i say we go for TBE questions.< i dont really care, im just tired of hearing everyones complaints.

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand frustration associated with crap posts. I get it too, and I then exercise my freedom to choose. I just don't read it. If someone won't take the time to express themselves in a manner that can be understood, then I choose not to read it.

I think what a lot of folks on here are objecting too is the undertone of cencorship that you advocate. You original suggested that garbage posts should simply be deleted, which in my book, is just plain 'ole censoring.

As I suggested earlier, you just don't know who is on the other end of the 'puter, so why judge them based on what you see typed? If you were to be spoken to on the street by a mentally challenged person who you couldn't understand, what would you do? You would at least try to understand right? Worst case, smile, shrug your shoulders, tell them you don't understand and then walk away. You most certainly wouldn't "delete" them, or say, rip out their larynx so no one else could hear their incomprehensible (to you) speech.

As long as it doesn't go against the rules and guidelines here, anything is allowed. You are suggesting that we change the rules to suit the minority. Very similar to how a certain government is currently being ran (straying very close to the edge here...but backing away). C'mon now...do you really want to look like that oaf? <ducks and covers>.

If you feel so strongly about someone putting up grammatically bad posts, then take it to the poster. Also, I'm sure you are familiar with the available Poll function? Maybe that would be a better alternative. A word of advice though: Just be careful in your wording or you'll end up with the same thread as this one.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

thanx for the advice guys, i never thought of it that way. i guess in the end i just needed to vent some frustration; didn't mean to get "holier than thou" on you guys.

and i'm sorry i took some replies personally, it was hard for me to understand the tone of the reply.

good points made by everyone.

I Support ClubWRX
    FWIW, I like your posts AngelBoy. You have some very strong opinions, and they may not be what everyone else likes, but you most certainly get the conversation going. It's what communication is all about!!!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Thanks! and i appreciate everyone's input, sorry i didn't let my guard down a little earlier.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.