Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by AngelBoy i understand you might be joking, but for the kabillionth time, i'm not talking about perfect ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    i understand you might be joking, but for the kabillionth time, i'm not talking about perfect grammar.
    cough I cough

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    i understand you might be joking, but for the kabillionth time, i'm not talking about perfect grammar.
    What's the title of this thread again?

Anyways, I am suggesting to get over it because poor writing skills is a problem bigger than just this forum. Unless you plan on going around the country to tutor members of this board - asking for improved clarity in posts is a lost cause.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Is kabillionth a real word?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    Is kabillionth a real word?
    Not in teh correct grammar world.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Not in teh correct grammar world.
    What is 'teh'? Your diction falls short of w3some, Andy.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    What is 'teh'? Your diction falls short of w3some, Andy.
    1. teh
    Orginally started off as a typo for "the", but recently has changed a bit in meaning. "Teh" still means "the", however, it is mostly used in the same manner that spanish speaking people use the word "El".
    "I got two cookies with teh whipped cream!" makes sense, but "I got two cookies with the whipped cream!" doesn't. Get what I mean?

2. teh
    1) Typo for "the".
    2) Very
    3) An Asian name spellchecked with Microsoft Word.
    1) "I just shot teh teacup."
    2) "That is teh L337."
    3) Teh.

3. teh
    Either a typo of the word "The" or a way to show extra emphasis onto the next word.
    Good - "You am teh su><0r"
    Good - "My poo smells like teh win"
    Bad - "On teh first day of Christmas"
    Bad - "Teh cow says, 'moooooo'"

4. teh
    (addendum)
    Has the ability to turn nearly any word into a noun.
    My definitions are teh win!
    That loser is teh sux.

5. teh
    Originally just a misspelling from people typing too fast, "teh" has become a word used by net.writers to exemplify people who are ignorant or simply not thinking clearly (perhaps because they're typing too fast).
    I was reading a fundamentalist site the other day, and the writer was all upset about kids listening to rock'n'roll. He believes it's TEH DEVIL MUSIC FROM HELL.

6. teh
    Deliberate typo error of "The". used in online gaming discussion
    Redknob am teh ghey

7. Teh
    1. Definitive article.

A scatalogical derivation of the definite article "the", arising due to the over-used and over-rated nature of the "e" vowel. Used generally positioned to the front of a noun.

2. Not-so-definitive article.

A secondary derivation of the definite article "the". It's existance enhances the not-so-definitive nature of the English language, as well as the definitive nature of the noun or adjective succeeding it.

3. It's so 'teh', it ceases to be defined or even an article.

A tertiary derivation of the definate article "the" as well as the secondary derivation of the definitive article "teh" as well as the primary derivation of the not-so-definitive article "teh". Must be used only in scenarios where deemed grammatically inappropriate. The term in itself implies a sense of ostentatiousness, a sense of foreboding, a sense od delirium and a sense of altriustic narcissism. It is commonly employed to elicit a response of confusion and when used in the correct dosage may induce brain-death. Extra points are rewarded for using the term "teh" in so called 'combos' consisting of "teh"s and "Über"s. Warning: failure to urinate may result in discomfort.
    Def 1. Teh cat fizzled within and without the time-space continuum because its existence was not considered a directly observable event.

Def 2. Maaaaan, that stuff you gave me last week. One word baby: TEH awesome.

Def 3. Proposition 628 is liek teh teh Über teh. Purple monkey dishwasher.

8. teh
    A common mis-spelling of the most frequently-used term in the English language, "the". Since then, this typo has been embraced by the l33tsp33k community, and is frequently used on message boards and forums.
    OMG j00 ar3 teh PWNED lol!!111oneoneone

9. teh
    1. For english speakers, this is a typo of 'the' turned into an overused deliberate typo of 'the' by leet speakers. They mostly use it for 'the', 'very', or both at the same time.

2. For leet speakers, 'the', 'very', or both at the same time. There is no 'the'
    1. Those guys who say "I am teh 00ber" on their site all the time are stupid.

2. I am teh 00ber on CS!!!!1111

10. teh
    An expression used by idiots to helpfully identify themselves to other idiots.
    Idiot 1: That's awesome.
    Idiot 2: Wait, what?
    Idiot 1: Uh, I mean, that's "TEH" awesome!
    Idiot 2: Oh, thank god! For a second there I thought I wasn't talking to another idiot!
    Idiot 1: "PNWED"!
    Last edited by Trainrex; 11-07-2005 at 07:46 AM.

^^^That was teh w3some!!!!!!1111one11eleventy

whatever guys, keep bashing. feels like SRT forums in here, where no one actually stays on topic and bashes the poster.

is anyone going to address the issue of helping someone with a problem? if their topic is easy to read, don't you think we're more likely and more capable of helping out?

also, it might not be a problem at this very moment, but wait in five years when you can have an 02 WRX for $5000 and the punk, ricer, 16 yo population almost quadruples on this site. half the posts will be garbage.

in WRX vs. The World, there are stickies that explain policies about street racing, etc. all i would ask is a little sticky, that is closed, simply telling people that making posts stay on topic and easy to read will help everybody out in the end.

and for the last time, i'm not talking about grammar.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    whatever guys, keep bashing. feels like SRT forums in here, where no one actually stays on topic and bashes the poster.

is anyone going to address the issue of helping someone with a problem? if their topic is easy to read, don't you think we're more likely and more capable of helping out?

also, it might not be a problem at this very moment, but wait in five years when you can have an 02 WRX for $5000 and the punk, ricer, 16 yo population almost quadruples on this site. half the posts will be garbage.

in WRX vs. The World, there are stickies that explain policies about street racing, etc. all i would ask is a little sticky, that is closed, simply telling people that making posts stay on topic and easy to read will help everybody out in the end.

Humor:
    Noun

* S: (n) humor, humour, sense of humor, sense of humour (the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous) "she didn't appreciate my humor"; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR
    In any case, I find myself simply ignoring posts I can't make out. It's not like I have a choice -- if I can't understand what's being said I have nothing to contribute to the poster (frankly, I seldom have anything to contribute anyway!).
    I would disagree. You are not a post wh0re like some of us and your insight and knowledge are greatly respected. You chime in when there is actually something to chime in about - unlike some of us ...

... and you never seem to use those attention grabbing eyesores that some of are quite fond of etc.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Title of tread: Grammar! Grammar! Grammar!

Hmmm...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX

... and you never seem to use those attention grabbing eyesores that some of are quite fond of etc.

well, all i can say is that if you go into most( if not all) big forums like this one, you will find people bashing other people, i belive it to be normal since a lot of people come to the site.

it would be very hard to control that in any place, but it also doesnt help with you start *****ing about it!.. any young or careless person will see your *****ing and start to have fun with it. best thing to do if you have a problem with the way people write or what ever is to write to a mod/admin and tell them whats going on, so they ask the person to stop.. you make a thread about it or ***** about it everywhere you go, its always going to turn into a flame war..

just my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex

is anyone going to address the issue of helping someone with a problem?
    It looks like they're trying damned hard to help you with your problem . . . .

You might want to just let it all go, and get one of these. Just a thought.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast