Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; "there is nothing wrong with my grammar. i write in perfect english" + http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp = dere iz nuttin' wrong wiff ...

"there is nothing wrong with my grammar. i write in perfect english" + http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp = dere iz nuttin' wrong wiff muh ma ****in grammar. ah write in perfect english Ya' dig?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

3. 11-04-2005, 10:11 PM

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    otay so here'smuh ma ****in first post on dis here particular topic see ah wuz just wondering how in da hell peeps can graduate high skoo an' still gots nahh clue about hhow ta use paragraphs, commas semi-colons or whatever cuz ah mean just becauSe it'san interne t site ta jive about cars don' mean ya need pimp-tight grammar right 'cause ah know brothas iz enjoying reading what ah'm typing right now 00wNeD!!!1!!

I didn't start speaking English 'til I wuz 12. Maybe it wuz uh miracle, but I'm 24 now, an' I still manage ta gots bettah grammar than half da idiots on deez forums who still can't tell da difference between dere, they, or they're, an' who only use one paragraph ta describe they life story.

I personally believe dat uh way o' improving clubwrx.net iz ta simply delete replies ta threads dat peep like uh jumbled mess o' letters. it might seem like uh ridiculous idea, but how many o' ya gots *not* been frustrated at one point or another? People give passing mentions in threads, or make fun o' each other, but I propose we's take it ta da next level.

What'suh way we's can encourage peeps ta use bettah gammar 'bfoe dey post? Jus' like Orenthawl James.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    "there is nothing wrong with my grammar. i write in perfect english" + http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp = dere iz nuttin' wrong wiff muh ma ****in grammar. ah write in perfect english Ya' dig?
    omg thats the best site ever

Yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Well, it probably is... if you go around correctly everyone's posts, I'm sure it would be viewed as very annoying.
    You gotta keep them seperated!!!

i don't really give a damn!!!!!
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Heyba manba thisba isba aba goodba thingba toba talkba aboutba whenba theba firstba posterba isba aba biggerba retardba thenba mostba ofba usba! ? , . ; ' : "

you guys are funny!

why do you care so much about these things!!!!! if you cant read it, move on!!

this forum has people from all over right??? so why do some of you find it bad when someone makes a mistake. i say take it easy, and dont take things personal... this is only a forum, the world is not going to end if you cant read something someone types.

thank you come again!!
    Last edited by Katalyst; 11-05-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that someone complaining about grammar has managed to have errors in every single post he's made in this thread? Every post has at least one grammar, capitalization, or punctuation error (and most had several).

-----

Seriously, I think it's obnoxious when people make posts which are full of grammatical errors, too, but it's just not worth trying to correct people. A lot of people have simply decided that they don't care. If it's bad enough that I can't understand what they're saying, then I might tell them to fix their posts, but more likely I'll just ignore those posts. If I can figure out what they're saying, I'll generally just ignore their errors.

The way a person expresses himself says a great deal about him. People who've made the decision to express themselves poorly are doing themselves a disservice, but those same people are generally unwilling to change, so it's just not productive to point out their errors.

i am the worst!!! i also do not care if i use puncuation, periods,or any thing else in the right place or time. this is not a forum for proper english ,or spelling. this is a automotive forum . get over it

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    i am the worst!!! i also do not care if i use puncuation, periods,or any thing else in the right place or time. this is not a forum for proper english ,or spelling. this is a automotive forum . get over it

yes thats what im talking about!

i can understand if some is typing all "ghetto" looking.. but *****ing over "normal" spelling, some grammar, puncuation etc. is just dumb IMO

you guys are misunderstanding me and blowing it way out of line.

i'm suggesting that everyone who posts *should be encouraged to make their posts easy to read.* i'm not talking about having perfect grammar.
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 11-06-2005 at 08:48 PM.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    you guys are misunderstanding me and blowing it way out of line.

i'm suggesting that everyone who posts *should be encouraged to make their posts easy to read.* i'm not talking about having perfect grammar.
    People should be encouraged to make their writing easy to read EVERY time they write, much less every time they make a post. That's why we all went to school.

But guess what - it doesn't always happen, and it's not unique to this forum or even the Internet.

Seriously...get over it.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

have you guys ever thought that making posts easier to read might actually help the original poster?

"hey guys, i installed an uppipe last week and now i'm hearing a screaching sound coming from under the hood. i'm not sure what the noise is, but i checked the uppipe and didn't detect any leaks. can anyone figure this out?"

"last week i bought this uppipe and all of a sudden now i'm hearing like this eeeeeeeeek from under the car i don't know what to do i did search could not find anything i dunno mayB its the leak everyone talks about but does anybody know?"

both of those posts say the same thing, and we all encounter both types every day. but which "format" is going to generate more helpful responses? i think it makes a difference. again, i'm not talking about perfect grammar.

also, i've noticed a whole lot more hostility on "improving ClubWRX.net" than on all the other forums. change is never an easy thing to accept, but really consider all the aspects of the issue before you're so quick to dismiss an idea. "get over it," "you suck," and "owned" will never improve this site (which, by the way, I happen to enjoy as much as everybody else)
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 11-07-2005 at 07:58 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    have you guys ever thought that making posts easier to read might actually help the original poster?

"hey guys, i installed an uppipe last week and now i'm hearing a screaching sound coming from under the hood. i'm not sure what the noise is, but i checked the uppipe and didn't detect any leaks. can anyone figure this out?"

"last week i bought this uppipe and all of a sudden now i'm hearing like this eeeeeeeeek from under the car i don't know what to do i did search could not find anything i dunno mayB its the leak everyone talks about but does anybody know?"

both of those posts say the same thing, and we all encounter both types every day. but which "format" is going to generate more helpful responses? i think it makes a difference. again, i'm not talking about perfect grammar.

also, i've noticed a whole lot more hostility on "improving ClubWRX.net" than on all the other forums. change is never an easy thing to accept, but really consider all the aspects of the issue before you're so quick to dismiss an idea. "get over it," "you suck," and "owned" will never improve this site.
    cough I cough

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    cough I cough
    i understand you might be joking, but for the kabillionth time, i'm not talking about perfect grammar.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.