Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Grammar! Grammar! Grammar! within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Originally Posted by kiger0183 wow thanks angel boy. with a double major in marketing and finance I think i would ...

Quote Originally Posted by kiger0183
    wow thanks angel boy.
    with a double major in marketing and finance I think i would be able to spell grammar right. I WAS KIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDING
    great, now i got 0wnEd. guess i deserved it. although you just struck a nerve: i work at an agency where finance people complain that engineers get all the credit.

can't help it if we're better than you
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I graduated high school and college so i wouldnt have to use any punctuation at all anymore. I graduated so i could speak in slang and abbreviate all of my words. I also graduated so i could replace letters with numbers, e's with a's s's with z's etc etc. While im sure there are plenty of folk here who are incapable of forming any type of coherent sentence, it does not mean that the offender an idiot, they may just be lazy. Nothing to get worked up about.

(althought i do sometimes think im reading posts for 10 year olds the way some people do post here)

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    In all seriousness, do you know what I do when I encounter a post that is difficult to read due to poor grammar?

I stop reading it.
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Quote Originally Posted by forsaken

(althought i do sometimes think im reading posts for 10 year olds the way some people do post here)
    hence why I started the thread. at this point, I'm convinced from other people's replies that maybe it's too idealistic and unrealistic and just plain stupid to try and fix.... but I'm still regarding it a huge PITA and I still think it puts a damper on *any* car forum experience.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by forsaken
    I graduated high school and college so i wouldnt have to use any punctuation at all anymore. I graduated so i could speak in slang and abbreviate all of my words. I also graduated so i could replace letters with numbers, e's with a's s's with z's etc etc. While im sure there are plenty of folk here who are incapable of forming any type of coherent sentence, it does not mean that the offender an idiot, they may just be lazy. Nothing to get worked up about.

"I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    ...and we all know the only thing more decadent than owning one pontiac sunbird is owning two of em.

giggidy giggidy giggidy!!!!!
    Yeah, especially when one is a factory V8 Sunbird and the other is a Turbocharged 3.8 V6. That's pretty decadent.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    In all seriousness, do you know what I do when I encounter a post that is difficult to read due to poor grammar?

I stop reading it.
    ... or don't even bother
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    Yeah, especially when one is a factory V8 Sunbird and the other is a Turbocharged 3.8 V6. That's pretty decadent.
    That's what I'm talkin bout!!! My grammar is excellent, by the way, even if my car is only average.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    I pretty much agree with you, and will assume you are an idiot seeing as you can't spell "pedal" right

Hey - I'm from England... that's how we spell it - I think!!! I've been in the U.S tto long, I don't remember anymore.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think both you and the Americans spell pedal "pedal" and peddle "peddle" but you do have your disagreements on other words...

In any case, I find myself simply ignoring posts I can't make out. It's not like I have a choice -- if I can't understand what's being said I have nothing to contribute to the poster (frankly, I seldom have anything to contribute anyway!).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I suck

<---- goes to edit his previous post and sticks head in sand!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    I suck
    No. You're a great sport!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Who really cares about grammar mistakes. A long as you can understand it why does it matter ?

This isn't an English Language Forum.

I agree with what you said ^ This is just a car forum and not really a place to lecture on grammar. However, I do think that if the person uses grammer properly it helps others understand what they're trying to say.
    2005 CGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag

Hey - I'm from England... that's how we spell it - I think!!! I've been in the U.S tto long, I don't remember anymore.
    ^^^That's it!! From now on whenever I spell something wrong, I'm using your "I'm from England, and that is how we spell it there."
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast