Deleting "Parts for Sale" threads after item(s) are sold...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Deleting "Parts for Sale" threads after item(s) are sold... within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; I think it would be very beneficial to delete threads that are started in the "Parts for Sale" forums once ...

Deleting "Parts for Sale" threads after item(s) are sold...

I think it would be very beneficial to delete threads that are started in the "Parts for Sale" forums once the item(s) have been sold. That would make it so much easier when looking for used parts. It would also clean up the amount of "dead" space being used on the server. Just a thought.
    '02 WRX/STi
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think it is good to have those threads for a price comparison so when someone sells their txs stealth for say $500, and everyone sees it, the next guy doesn't go trying to sell it for $700

It seems like most people don't post the selling price anyway. All you see is SOLD next to the item. Most people seem to do pricing through PM's. Instead of deleting the thread then maybe put them in a "Sold Parts" category or something like that. I think most people know how much to pay for used parts. It's all about demand anyway. If someone wants it bad enough, they will pay for it.
    '02 WRX/STi

they're good to refer back to though if you have, say, a problem later on...

a "sold folder" might be good though...

i agree with a "sold" folder
    LISC #16

that would probably be too overwhelming for moderators to sift through every classified thread
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

t
    Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    that would probably be too overwhelming for moderators to sift through every classified thread
    +1

the seller 'normally' would update the sale to state that the item is sold, right?

so instead of just posting a reply that says "sold", why not edit the original post' TITLE and add the word "SOLD" at the beginning of the title. then again, most don't go back and update the sale

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll talk to the moderators about it but true, it will be a lot of work for the moderators. I'll see if there's anything that we can do to make things better for everyone.
    Tim
    Admin

dont delete sold threads.

keep them as proof of transactions etc for sellers & buyers.

deleting threads could come back to bite people in the ass in one shape or form.

the threads weed themselves out over time.

if anything add a search feature to exclude some words?
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by gusto
    dont delete sold threads.

keep them as proof of transactions etc for sellers & buyers.

deleting threads could come back to bite people in the ass in one shape or form.

the threads weed themselves out over time.

if anything add a search feature to exclude some words?
    +1

keep them

if the seller sells it, then they can take the time to reply on the thread and write "SOLD" or something like that
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

You guys are missing the point. All I'm saying is that when you do a search in the "For Sale by Members" forum for a particular part, everything comes up, whether its for sale or sold. I just think it would be easier if items actually for sale were in there. When you put something in other mediums (ie...eBay, Paper, Want Ads) there is a time limit. Can you imagine if these places left everything up there that was sold or not. Even eBay only lets you go back like 3 months now on completed transactions. Put up a new section for "Sold Items" and when an item sells, throw it in there. That way there is still a reference and "proof of transaction" for those who need that kinda stuff.

Also, what if there was some sort of format when you want to sell something. Like in the body of the message: Year: Description: Price: Status: then pictures to follow if you have them. That way the seller could update the Status line with SOLD or SALE PENDING or even "Buyers Name" when items sell or are being sold. It will make it way easier to move the thread to the "Sold Items" forum for whoever has to do it. Plus there's a reference to see how much stuff sold for. Something like that.

It's just a suggestion.
    '02 WRX/STi

Quote Originally Posted by aem421
    You guys are missing the point. All I'm saying is that when you do a search in the "For Sale by Members" forum for a particular part, everything comes up, whether its for sale or sold. I just think it would be easier if items actually for sale were in there. When you put something in other mediums (ie...eBay, Paper, Want Ads) there is a time limit. Can you imagine if these places left everything up there that was sold or not. Even eBay only lets you go back like 3 months now on completed transactions. Put up a new section for "Sold Items" and when an item sells, throw it in there. That way there is still a reference and "proof of transaction" for those who need that kinda stuff.

Also, what if there was some sort of format when you want to sell something. Like in the body of the message: Year: Description: Price: Status: then pictures to follow if you have them. That way the seller could update the Status line with SOLD or SALE PENDING or even "Buyers Name" when items sell or are being sold. It will make it way easier to move the thread to the "Sold Items" forum for whoever has to do it. Plus there's a reference to see how much stuff sold for. Something like that.

It's just a suggestion.
    generally speaking, the newer the thread the more chance of it being available... just dont read any "uppipe fs" threads over 2 months old.

its also hard enough with the mods patrolling the titles to make sure someone included a statecode.

What keywords are you using?

I got 3 pages of results for "TurboXS downpipe"
    2 pages of results for "VF34 Turbo"

C'mon....you can stand to look through 2 pages of threads if you're looking to buy a turbocharger, can't you?

And hey, if you think its inconvienent over here, go over to Nasioc and try to find stuff

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.