Useless threads.....

This is a discussion on Useless threads..... within the Improving ClubWRX.net forums, part of the News and Announcements category; Ok, I understand that here at clubwrx.net everyone is entitled to their opinion and title to share their points of ...

Useless threads.....

Ok, I understand that here at clubwrx.net everyone is entitled to their opinion and title to share their points of view on things, but here's what's kinda bugging me:

I'm new and not new to the whole "car modding" scene, in the sense that I know the basic functions of the car (more than just press on the gas and it goes), but I want to learn more about the technical details.

This being said, I just got done reading a ridiculously long post made by someone completely uninformed about how turbos work, and they were writing on BOVs. I'll exclude the name and post, but my point was, it was just a bunch of meaningless BS coming out of someone trying to sound smart.

My point being: I want to learn as much about cars, especially the WRX, as much as I can, which is why I joined this forum. It seems like a great many number of people are in it and I can derive good insights from many. But the problem is that too many people are throwing BS into useless threads and calling it "the law of the land".

Hows about as a suggestion that we make a section to this website dedicated to what ACTUALLY happens under the hood of an engine, focusing on the WRX, and it can be sort of a "mother FAQ" that can answer most if not all of someones technical questions (ie questions on a turbo, BOV, exhaust, piping, etc). I'm willing to help be a part of this in any way that I can.

Again, I think we're all here to learn something about our cars, I just want to learn what actually happens underneath the hood rather than what some 13 year old fantasizes about happening there. If you can direct me to some books or useful websites, i'll be more than thankful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Once you do enough research about Subarus (I'm not saying you haven't btw) and the wrx you will know what is BS and what is not. At first I thought hey, a bov would sound cool.

Then you read a little and realize that on a turbo subies its pretty much rice unless you are running a larger turbo.

This is a good faq thread

Engine Performance FAQ [[[READ ME]]]
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by VVRX
    Ok, I understand that here at clubwrx.net everyone is entitled to their opinion and title to share their points of view on things, but here's what's kinda bugging me:

I'm new and not new to the whole "car modding" scene, in the sense that I know the basic functions of the car (more than just press on the gas and it goes), but I want to learn more about the technical details.

This being said, I just got done reading a ridiculously long post made by someone completely uninformed about how turbos work, and they were writing on BOVs. I'll exclude the name and post, but my point was, it was just a bunch of meaningless BS coming out of someone trying to sound smart.

My point being: I want to learn as much about cars, especially the WRX, as much as I can, which is why I joined this forum. It seems like a great many number of people are in it and I can derive good insights from many. But the problem is that too many people are throwing BS into useless threads and calling it "the law of the land".

Hows about as a suggestion that we make a section to this website dedicated to what ACTUALLY happens under the hood of an engine, focusing on the WRX, and it can be sort of a "mother FAQ" that can answer most if not all of someones technical questions (ie questions on a turbo, BOV, exhaust, piping, etc). I'm willing to help be a part of this in any way that I can.

Again, I think we're all here to learn something about our cars, I just want to learn what actually happens underneath the hood rather than what some 13 year old fantasizes about happening there. If you can direct me to some books or useful websites, i'll be more than thankful.
    You've got to take the bad with the good. This forum is for everyone, a reflection of society in general, good, bad or indifferent. There's a lot of great info around here and a whole whack of good, smart people, but you've got to filter out the crap like you would anywhere else.

If you want good information, start looking for it and ignore the bs. There are other self regulating mechanisms such as the moderators, flaming and my favorite, "pack menatality"!
    A lot of power is good, more is better, and too much is perfect. I mean, if less is more, think how much more more is...

I Support ClubWRX
    A lot of bitterness there. Relax and enjoy the forum. You'll quickly figure out who's spent time under the hood and who hasn't. Read the stickies.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand where you are coming form, and I believe the purpose of the sticky sort of answers what you are looking for. Most of the "faqs" are located in them, slotted into their proper forum. My recommendation to you is that if you see something questionable, then by all means ask questions in a professional manner....to point out in a nice way maybe the poster is off base? If after a 2nd or 3rd response the poster doesn't get it...just put up links to faqs and walk away. Not worth it getting into e-wars IMHO.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums