High Altitude Tuning
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on High Altitude Tuning within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; We created this forum so that you guys would have a place solely for discussion of high-altitude specific technical topics. ...

High Altitude Tuning

We created this forum so that you guys would have a place solely for discussion of high-altitude specific technical topics. This should mean that folks don't have to wade through bunches of OT posts in the Mountain States forum in order to find the technical posts of interest. Hopefully it will keep things a little more organized while permitting you to keep some tech in the regional area.

OT posts, regular regional discussion, or technical posts that do not relate to high-elevation driving should not be posted here, otherwise they will be moved.

-pace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    This is an excellent idea. Thanks to everyone that helped put this part of the forum together!
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Thank you whoever's idea this was, and all that made it happen. this is very cool!
    2004 STi
    Silver/Silver

yeah very good idea.... good Compromise/Solution

the "high" people have special needs
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Excellent....

Glad you guys like it.

i told you it was like a toaster.

You can thank Tim and James for pulling this one together. a big to both of those guys for yanking this one over the finish line.

dR

Hooray!
    Secretary of Silly Sports and Champion of WRB, Grand Republic of the Zem Dictatorship, 7/6/04

I would lick parts of you for a chai. - Zem in an email
    The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance... logic can be happily tossed out the window. - Stephen King
    Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win - John Madden

Thanks for this forum. I love the idea of it.

If you guys need a mod for here ever, just ask. I know a few guys who are more qualified. But if you are in a pinch, I would be honored.
    Speed freak

Pace is a moderator twice!

nice
    "xtra telles cause you know we the besst"

new guy Questions

i have a couple questions to ask. the first one is i just bought my 2002 WRX like 5 days ago i sold my 1995 eclipse GS-T. i was just wondering if anyone knows a place where i can get it dyno tested in Utah i live in Roy near Ogden. im guessing that the nearest place would be salt lake city. the second question is that every one i know has hondas and DSMs i have only 2 people i know with EVOVIII's. i was wondering if there is anyone in my area that i can get together with and talk cars. My WRX is subaru blue with 17" gold rims i think they might be the stock 17" gold ones. the last question is about my boost. im just wondering what is the stock boost setting for my WRX. im only pushing about 0.700 thats about 10.5Psi i don't think thats right. don't get me wrong have an AWD power house is fun. (alot more fun than my eclipse even thought it is much faster than my WRX. i was pushing 21Psi every day fun stuff)

You may want to check out Cobb Tuning in SLC. They have a lot of the members and car buffs. They can definitely answer your questions and see to it that you meet the right people. www.cobbtuning.net

If you were in Denver, I could help you out, but, Utah is practically a foreign state.
    Just kidding. Seriously, the TD04 is a small turbo and you won't get more out if even if you go past 15 psi. You'll just be working it to death. It has been a while since I thought of it but the stock settings for the stock TD04 turbo's psi should be about 14.5 -max. Get yourself a new turbo, I have had the VF34, my friends have had the VF22, VF30, VF39 and the mitsu turbos like the 16G and the 18G. The stock wrx engine isn't capable of maintaining boost safely over 19 psi for longer periods of time if you want to keep the block due to its open deck design. However, if you need to maintain boost and get strong pulls, try the new momentum ej05-40T - www.boostbuddy.com carries them EJ5-40T and they maintain boost in a beautiful way when combined with a custom tune up to 18psi.Should net you 255 - 260 whp at 5600 ft altitude with an STi I/C and 565 cc injectors and a turbo back exhaust with uppipe.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~
    Name of wagon: GO GO Yubari

I just moved to Denver from PHX (for a few months), how does the higher altitude effect our cars? Slower, faster, no difference. BTW PHX is at 500 - 1000 ft.

Every thing is slower except the brakes.... It sucks.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast