High Altitude Tuning - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

This is a discussion on High Altitude Tuning within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; They can't void the whole warranty... I'd remove the dongle, and sell it online... then I'd either get a downpipe ...

I Support ClubWRX
    They can't void the whole warranty...

I'd remove the dongle, and sell it online... then I'd either get a downpipe and a protune, get online and buy a xpt stage 1 map, and have that flashed, OR... go back to the dealership you purchased it from, and say that you want the car flashed back to stock because you purchased it from them and didn't know that the map wasn't the correct one.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How much power does the 09 lose? if stock base hp is 265.. so is it like around 190-200?

I Support ClubWRX
    it's about a 15%-20% loss
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    it's about a 15%-20% loss
    Thanks for letting me know!

Hello all, I have posted this question elsewhere and looked a bit through these forums, (I know it's out there).
    My question, I am at 5000ft and wondering what I should expect out of the TD06 20g on an 09 wrx (2.5). I have checked all the obvious, boost controller, boost leak, have retuned it, changed timing, it's running e85 with 1000cc inj's, tgv delete, complete 3" tb exhaust. Almost full stage 4. I hit 20lbs boost by 4200 and it fades to about 15lbs with 100% wgdc...I was expecting more than this. I am wondering if I have a balance issue with the turbo, so anyone with experience tuning a 20g at this elevation please chime in. Should I expect more flow out of this turbo?
    Thanks
    -Carl

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic1 View Post
    Okay, since I live in Colorado Springs, should I hav emy STi tuned? I was wondering that since the stock ECU was most likely not tuned for this kind of altitude. And if I should get it tuned, where is a good shop to go to.
    Whatever you do, Bionic, don't go to Under Pressure. Had a 3000GT VR4 that they litterally destroyed (improperly installed two headgaskets causing the engine to explode), stole my alternator, charged me for the same alternator to be put back on. They also redid a buddies STI with nearly $15k worth of work. They took his car while he was deployed and showed it off at shows to compete in BOV (TurboXS RFL BOV) and blew his engine without repairing it saying the damage was done before they took his car.

Hey All,

I'm in the Denver area. I have an 02 WRX Wgn with Cobb intake/airbox, Grimm UP, Invidia DP, Cobb Exhaust, Cobb Stage 2 Map.
    It's a daily driver car only.

I wish to go to the next stage.

I plan on getting:
    * Process West TMIC
    * Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
    * Walbro 255 fuel pump
    * ??? turbo
    * pro-tune

So, the question:
    I would like a turbo with the following characteristics:
    * bolt-on to 02 WRX
    * 400..490 cfm or so
    * ~330 whp or so
    * fast spool up (3000 RPM or less would be nice)

I was looking at the Blouch TD05H-16G XT.

What do you suggest?

Thanks!
    Gar

I wanted to bump this up. I am in KS but was recommended to get tuned at the boost creep in Colorado. Any problems with getting tuned at high altitude and then returning to KS?

RE: High Altitude Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    I wanted to bump this up. I am in KS but was recommended to get tuned at the boost creep in Colorado. Any problems with getting tuned at high altitude and then returning to KS?
    I got my car tuned at the Boost Creep and Harvey is great. I would talk with him about it. He seems to like email over phones.

Quote Originally Posted by gar@nilenet.com View Post
    I got my car tuned at the Boost Creep and Harvey is great. I would talk with him about it. He seems to like email over phones.
    Thanks I will shoot him an Email now!

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, it makes a pretty big difference. I'd not get a tune at high elevation for a flatland car, at all.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.