High Altitude Tuning - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on High Altitude Tuning within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; Originally Posted by mycologist This should be in here too: Good stuff Myco. Only, we have a stock TD04-13 T ...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    This should be in here too:
    Good stuff Myco. Only, we have a stock TD04-13T not 13G ....I thought?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Good stuff Myco. Only, we have a stock TD04-13T not 13G ....I thought?
    I just quoted it from another thread to move the info into the sticky. It may have been a typo or maybe the compressor maps are the same. Here is a 13T map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13tcompressormapsn2.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	83906
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    I just quoted it from another thread to move the info into the sticky. It may have been a typo or maybe the compressor maps are the same. Here is a 13T map:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13tcompressormapsn2.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	83906
    Yea, apparently the 13T has a slight advantage on the 13G, but not by much. I read something comparing the two over on a DSM thing recently, I just can't find the link right now... it's just funny that there are a lot of us who think it's a 13G when the DSM guys have been referring to it as the 13T for a long time. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter since most people just ditch the TD04 altogether and upgrade. What I wouldn't give for a TD05 16G....lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Yea, apparently the 13T has a slight advantage on the 13G, but not by much. I read something comparing the two over on a DSM thing recently, I just can't find the link right now... it's just funny that there are a lot of us who think it's a 13G when the DSM guys have been referring to it as the 13T for a long time. Either way, I guess it doesn't matter since most people just ditch the TD04 altogether and upgrade. What I wouldn't give for a TD05 16G....lol
    EvoIII 16g w/ E85 is the ultimate upgrade for a 2.0 man... look into it. It's the max that I think anyone should put on a 2.0 with stock internals (unless you're jeremy and man up for a 20g )
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    EvoIII 16g w/ E85 is the ultimate upgrade for a 2.0 man... look into it. It's the max that I think anyone should put on a 2.0 with stock internals (unless you're jeremy and man up for a 20g )
    Yea I know right lol I heard 18G would be really pushing the limits about as high as possible on the 2.0. On a 20G, that would be crazy! The dude I sold my sway bar to today said you wouldn't hit spool up until like 4000rpm or something crazy!

reading this made me feel better... i'm from seattle which is at sea level and am up in about 6800 ft in wyoming and feel like my car was messed up from the drive... i didnt really think about the altitude affecting the turbo so much..

so anyone else who goes to higher altitude, expect to feel sluggish and dont try to pul out into traffic as fast as you normally can
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Hey guys, few questions from a newbie in SLC. I bought an 08 WRX a few weeks back, only had about 15k. So far the mods I've discovered (might be more) have been an Agency CBE, TurboXS RFL BOV, and a Cobb V1 tuner plugged in to the OBDII. The accessport is nowhere to be found so I have no idea what kind of map is installed. I found the window sticker which shows it was sold in CA so I'm worried the tune was set up for a lower elevation. Anyone know if any accessport can read the map or if there's a way to reset the ECU to stock without retuning? I've never used the handheld tuners before so this is completely new to me. Any advise would be great

I Support ClubWRX
    The engine tuning forum would be better for this post! Welcome though!

Are you sure about the V1 tuner? The 08's ECU is CANbus, which was only supported by the V2. Can we get a picture of the tuner you're talking about?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

The engine tuning forum would be better for this post! Welcome though!

Are you sure about the V1 tuner? The 08's ECU is CANbus, which was only supported by the V2. Can we get a picture of the tuner you're talking about?
    I'm at work right now, but I talked to a Cobb rep who verified it was a V1 dongle installed. The unit was gray with the "C" logo and red around the OBD2 plugs. I'm really confused if in fact the V1 accessport doesn't support the 08, and that was what was installed I can't even tell what map was installed since the accessport wasn't left with the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    pic?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

pic?
    Sorry, I can't right now is what I meant when I said I was at work. I'm assuming the V2 looks different than what I have which is why the rep knew by my description. I'll post up a pic when I get home

I Support ClubWRX
    The thing is... that sounds like the Accessport V2's first revision dongle. The second revision of the V2 uses a black dongle.

It's grey plastic with a usb-mini port in it... red "C" logo, and red plastic where it actually plugs into the OBDII port... correct?

That's the Accessport V2's first revision... that's the one I have.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

It sounds like that's the one. So when they said "previous version" they must have meant the first V2 and not the V1. So now that that's figured out, without having an accessport tuner, whichever map is programmed on my ECU is stuck. If I were able to borrow a local's accessport would I be able to find out which map I have installed, and if not would a pro-tune be worthwhile to reflash my ecu? I'd like to be able to return my ECU to factory since I could be tuned on Stage 2 at sea level for all I know, however I'm not sure what methods could successfully return to stock settings.

I Support ClubWRX
    Before you go messing with your ECU... you need to find out what exactly you have installed on your car. If you replace the map with a factory map, and you have an aftermarket boost controller, or downpipe with a protune... then you'll have one pissed off car.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I'm fairly certain a boost controller isn't installed, when I first got the car a boost gauge was installed and I was getting 12-13psi max. Since then I had to remove it since it was blocking my speedo (terrible placement ). As for the DP, I got under the car and checked it out, it's definitely stock, so it would appear a CBE and BOV are the only mods installed which should be fine with the stock ecu programming. Any suggestions for how I could return to stock? I'm still under the 3yr/36k so I don't want to go to the dealership for fear they'll void my warranty. One reason I'm adamant is because since purchased my gas mileage has sucked (16-19mpg)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.