High Altitude Tuning - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on High Altitude Tuning within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; No One? someone has to know if this is the problem?...

Gunnison Colorado/ Oklahoma City (over summers)
    No One? someone has to know if this is the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx686 View Post
    I live at 8,000 ft and i was just wondering if the altitude is the reason my Cobb stage 2 wrx isnt hitting boost. the most psi i get out of it is 13.7 for just a sec . so would me living at 8,000 ft make my turbo only spool to 13.7 and not 15 psi?
    it could be the problem you could try flashing realtime the HWG STAGE2 map and if it helps you can make it your base map

8,000 ft is very high.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Yeah its really High. I have already tried it but nothing changed. oh well

Does anyone live at or around this altitude?

i live at about 7,000 feet my car runs good since i got it tuned, dyno comp in scottsdale arizona does good work they re-flashed my ecu and set my boost high and changed my air fuel ratio and it runs real nice

hey people

so i have a 02 wrx and i want to do somethings with the exhaust. i was thinking of skipping the headers and just leaving the stock ones on there and just working with the up pipe, down pipe and catback exhaust..... tell me what you think

I have a 08 WRX and i want to go to stage one. I live in colorado, just really wondering how 08 WRX's have been doing on stage one in Colorado, i asked perrin since i am interested in buying the AC from them since i would get their stage 1 for free. Perrin said that they are in hard works on a High altitude map.

So how does cobb's and Perrin's stage one does in colorado/high altitude?

I'm scheduled to get my car retuned in about two weeks at Mac in Parker, CO.

I am moving to Boston this summer. Should I just wait to get it retuned?

How would my car perform down at sea-level pre and post tuning? I'd imagine it would spool a bit faster.

ou have no idea . I live at 8,000 ft and in the summers i move back to sea level, and all i can say its a HUGE diff. i would wait untill you move down to sea level before your tune.
    06 WRX Cobb Stage 2
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #124
    Basshead Member #2

emissions help

Hey people I really need help. I have a 2002 wrx with mods ( hks exhaust not cat, new spark plugs and a mil eliminator). Threw the Mil eliminator on last week, the check engine light went off , now its on again. What should I do ????????

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ewald929 View Post
    Hey people I really need help. I have a 2002 wrx with mods ( hks exhaust not cat, new spark plugs and a mil eliminator). Threw the Mil eliminator on last week, the check engine light went off , now its on again. What should I do ????????

take it to autozone and get the code read.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Altitude Tuning

Tuning for altitude is tricky. I live and drive at altitudes between 5000 and 8500 feet. You lose a lot of power at altitude. You guys will not hit target boost levels without tuning. Wastegate duty cycles, turbo dynamics, timing tables, and fueling tables all need to be adjusted for the atmospheric pressure(altitude). My stock 06 hit 10 psi tops. At stage 1 reflash, the target boost was almost 15 psi and I could only hit 11.6 If you guys are comfortable with tuning or want to learn more about reflashing, which is I think the best way to tune, here are a couple places to check out. Otherwise if you want the set it and forget it route you should get a protune.
    plasmatize.com for maps
    openecu.org tuning help and free maps
    tactrix.com OBDII cable for reflash
    There are a lot of knowledgable people on these forums who can help a lot more than I can with tuning questions, but I can help some one get started since I've only been tuning for a few months.

their are a lot of people from colorado in here, d*mn! Has onyone taken the car down to sea level? Does the altitude up here make a big difference?

I'm driving to Boston from Colorado this weekend. I can't wait for the quicker spool and retune to 93 octane!

downpipe help?!?!

ok so i have an 02 wrx and i want to get a downpipe. but i cant find a legal one. if there even is a legal one lol can anybody help?

Im from colorado and takin my car down twice to st louis and once to arizona. It mad a HUGE difference. In colorado it feels weak after all my mods but when i bring it to sea level its a beast. Its cammed with racing valvetrian and alot more parts. It really does make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by spike93 View Post
    their are a lot of people from colorado in here, d*mn! Has onyone taken the car down to sea level? Does the altitude up here make a big difference?
    youtube/Pics
    Blobeye Syndicate #314

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast