High Altitude Tuning - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on High Altitude Tuning within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; Originally Posted by hermanopedro Hey, I moved to Fort Collins recently and am looking for a good place to go ...

Quote Originally Posted by hermanopedro View Post
    Hey, I moved to Fort Collins recently and am looking for a good place to go for tuning my WRX. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hey there I'm in the same situation so if you know of any places or find any you should let me know.

The only place I know is a place that I think is in Aurora. I think it's suba...something. But I know there shop does rally racing and knows a lot about mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had Nick at mac autosports tune mine... they are in Parker... www.macautosport.com ...

awsome to work with and just great people there!

Quote Originally Posted by wudntme View Post
    I had Nick at mac autosports tune mine... they are in Parker... www.macautosport.com ...

awsome to work with and just great people there!
    what all did you have done there? How far is parker?

Parker is just south of Denver. all i had them do was dyno tune, the final piece of the puzzle for me. my mods are vf30, deatchworks 565 injectors, invidia header and uppipe, perrin tbe, perrin fmic, perrin bov, and cobb ap.

i live in Kansas, so i didnt have them install anything, but if i lived there i wouldnt hesitate at all to let them work their magic more.

pretty impressive tune tho, cuz he tuned it at about 16psi and when i got home i was hitting just a touch over 18psi which was perfect for me due to the change in altitude.

ended up with 295whp and 284wtq @16psi.

Quote Originally Posted by wudntme View Post
    Parker is just south of Denver. all i had them do was dyno tune, the final piece of the puzzle for me. my mods are vf30, deatchworks 565 injectors, invidia header and uppipe, perrin tbe, perrin fmic, perrin bov, and cobb ap.

i live in Kansas, so i didnt have them install anything, but if i lived there i wouldnt hesitate at all to let them work their magic more.

pretty impressive tune tho, cuz he tuned it at about 16psi and when i got home i was hitting just a touch over 18psi which was perfect for me due to the change in altitude.

ended up with 295whp and 284wtq @16psi.
    Nice how much did it cost you to do the dyno tune? Do you have the stock ECU or did get a different one when you got the cobb ap?

i think it was around 320$. for the cobb ap they charge by the map, not by time.

ive had my cobb for almost 3 years. all it does is reprogram the stock ecu. a very good investment even if you dont have any mods.

How much was the cobb ap?

well, a new one from Cobb ( http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3264 ) is 695$. the new ones are easier to use and better than the version 1 that i have. sometimes you can find one on ebay or even the forums here. just make sure that if you buy a used one that it has been 'unmarried'.

just give bill a call at mac autosports... he will be more than happy to talk to you about whatever you need... they sell the accessports too...

Question 04 sti change in elavation

I just bought an 04 sti from florida i live in canada calgary, is there anywhere around here i can go to get my car tuned. these are my mods
    Agency Power GT35R Turbo Kit: Includes Agency Power Rotated Mount GT35R Turbo, Down Pipe, Up-pipe, Tial 35mm waste gate.
    Perrin TBE Turbo Back Exhaust
    Perrin Header
    Magnus Aluminum Intake
    PE (Power Enterprise) 850cc Injectors
    Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
    MSD Inline Fuel Pump
    PWR (Power Aluminum Radiator)
    XS Engineering FMIC (Front Mount Intercooler)
    Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Control
    Greddy Turbo Timer
    HKS Blow Off Valve
    Agency Power Pitch Stop
    SMC Water/Alcohol Injection
    Turbo XS Utec Engine Management
    APS Tumbler Deletes
    HKS Ground Wiring Kit
    Perrin Fuel Rails
    TEIN Flex Coilovers

hey, I live in florida so I'm completely new to high-altitude performance. Down here I know exactly how fast my car is and I'm pretty good at judging the speed of other cars based on how they sound and look (like how hard the engine is working to produce the acceleration I see, not muffler sound or body kits lol).
    Now that my little blurb is done on to the real point.
    I'm going to be going up to New Jersey this summer and was wondering what is going to feel different about the car, and what I can expect my car to perform like. I read the comments about 25% power drop and the other stuff in this thread, but I was unsure where that will be lost. Is it lost in the power the turbo has once it kicks in, or does it affect when the turbo lag ends, or both?
    I figured the car could either pull just as hard, but at a later rpm, or that I might just feel less pull over the whole band.
    I have a manual boost controller and A/F ratio gauge so I could turn it up to get it stoich, but I'm not sure how the cold weather will affect it.
    I know the air is less dense but I thought the cold might cancel the effect out some; I know when it drops 15* down here my car runs like a champ.

Pretty much I just want to learn more about driving up there so I know what powerband to be in when I race.

Thanks a ton And feel free to correct what I'm sure was wrong or ill-concieved.

hey guys, similar question, 06 wrx, only mod is a SPT intake(dont ask) im gunna get the new cobb ap, when i do, do they have maps that adjust for altitude and or intake?? im in colorado(boulder) meh? sweet guys thanks
    To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have.

Banned
    Cobb does all there tuning at about your same elevation. The intake you have shouldn't mess with your maf too bad.

For those of you in Denver CO. If I do TBE with a downpipe that doesn't have cats, will I pass emissions? The only downpipe I can find that has a cat is the Cobb which has one cat and it is really expensive.

I guess if I need a downpipe that has cats to pass emissions, which one do you guys suggest? And if I don't, and can use any downpipe, which one do you guys suggest?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilasJordan.USF View Post
    hey, I live in florida so I'm completely new to high-altitude performance. Down here I know exactly how fast my car is and I'm pretty good at judging the speed of other cars based on how they sound and look (like how hard the engine is working to produce the acceleration I see, not muffler sound or body kits lol).
    Now that my little blurb is done on to the real point.
    I'm going to be going up to New Jersey this summer and was wondering what is going to feel different about the car, and what I can expect my car to perform like. I read the comments about 25% power drop and the other stuff in this thread, but I was unsure where that will be lost. Is it lost in the power the turbo has once it kicks in, or does it affect when the turbo lag ends, or both?
    I figured the car could either pull just as hard, but at a later rpm, or that I might just feel less pull over the whole band.
    I have a manual boost controller and A/F ratio gauge so I could turn it up to get it stoich, but I'm not sure how the cold weather will affect it.
    I know the air is less dense but I thought the cold might cancel the effect out some; I know when it drops 15* down here my car runs like a champ.

Pretty much I just want to learn more about driving up there so I know what powerband to be in when I race.

Thanks a ton And feel free to correct what I'm sure was wrong or ill-concieved.

90% of new jersey is just above sea level, high altitude is like 4,000 feet and higher.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Gunnison Colorado/ Oklahoma City (over summers)
    I live at 8,000 ft and i was just wondering if the altitude is the reason my Cobb stage 2 wrx isnt hitting boost. the most psi i get out of it is 13.7 for just a sec . so would me living at 8,000 ft make my turbo only spool to 13.7 and not 15 psi?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast