TECH: Dyno Results of 2002 WRX with VF39
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

This is a discussion on TECH: Dyno Results of 2002 WRX with VF39 within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; Stock fuel MBC set at 15 psi Location: MAC Autosports Mods: MBC, up, down A/F @ Redline: 10.1 edit: 8/6/04 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444

    Dyno Results of 2002 WRX with VF39

    Stock fuel
    MBC set at 15 psi
    Location: MAC Autosports
    Mods: MBC, up, down
    A/F @ Redline: 10.1

    edit: 8/6/04

    I took this off of nasioc.com. If you wonder if the VF39 is a direct fit here is the answer:

    "Direct swap onto the WRX. The issue is with the Garrett center section and the oil line flare fitting.

    Other things to note. THe compressor is very close to the TB plug. It works but its a tight fit. " - AzScoobie (I think)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 209hp208tquncorrected.jpg  
    Last edited by scoolbuzz; 08-06-2004 at 01:56 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User WRX Harvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Near CU
    Posts
    1,545
    Nice, that actually looks pretty safe. Did you hold boost till redline?

    I would love to see if the ECU is seeing any knock and also what the IDCs are during WOT.

    That could be a great budget power path at altitude.

    What is that second red line on the Air Fuel graph?

    Once again, Nice!
    Speed freak

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    Originally posted by WRX Harvey
    Nice, that actually looks pretty safe. Did you hold boost till redline?

    I would love to see if the ECU is seeing any knock and also what the IDCs are during WOT.

    That could be a great budget power path at altitude.

    What is that second red line on the Air Fuel graph?

    Once again, Nice!
    I don't have any way of monitoring anything yet. Any suggestions?

    I have no idea what that second line is.

    I run it at 11 psi daily though.

    Thanks Harvey!

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    G-teched the car with a passenger @ 14 psi

    14.11 @ 99

  6. #5
    Registered User Scuba_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO.
    Posts
    498
    Nice numbers Sean. So when are you bringing it to the track?

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    Originally posted by Scuba_Steve
    Nice numbers Sean. So when are you bringing it to the track?
    This Thursday night at PMI...

    13.xx

  8. #7
    Registered User Scuba_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Fountain, CO.
    Posts
    498
    Originally posted by scoolbuzz
    This Thursday night at PMI...

    13.xx
    You mean next Thursday night, May 20th ? Looks like that's when "Street Nights" start. Good luck man! 13.8 @ 99mph .

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    Originally posted by Scuba_Steve
    You mean next Thursday night, May 20th ? Looks like that's when "Street Nights" start. Good luck man! 13.8 @ 99mph .
    You are correct. I am looking at the wrong week!

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    Here are the corrected numbers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 256whp257wtq.jpg  

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    Here is the difference between the car stock with a MBC @ 15 psi and the car with up, dp, turbo,pulley, ic hoses, MBC @ 15 psi:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thediff.jpg  

  12. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Langhorne, PA
    Posts
    1,078
    Wow,

    It looks like a VF39 on an EJ20 is a killer combination! Thanks for the info.

    -Jim

  13. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    Originally posted by scoolbuzz
    You are correct. I am looking at the wrong week!
    247

    Went to the track tonight and ran just what I thought I would @ 15 psi. I started the night off at 11 psi and worked my way up. It was pretty cool getting beat by SRT-4s and boosted GSRs while working my way up the MBC boost ladder! When I finally put it at 13 and 14 psi, they weren't beating me anymore! I made two 13.8 passes @ 14 psi.

    I only made two passes @ a little less than 15 psi. The second pass was 14.0s because I had to wear a helmet and I couldn't hear the car like I am used to. I am pretty sure the car has a 13.6 in it because I ran with full interior and I wasn't all the way at 15 psi. I was messing around with the launch, not worrying about my reaction times so laugh it up now!

    Here is the first pass @ 15 psi. I am P114:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails im000663.jpg  
    Last edited by scoolbuzz; 05-21-2004 at 01:47 AM.

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444
    The second 15 psi run:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14pt0slip.jpg  

  15. #14
    Registered User hotrod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    839

    Very nice

    That looks really nice. I think your right you will probably find at least 2 tenths on the ETjust in getting the launch down in 1.8x or below. There is probably another tenth or so as you find out what are your best shift points and all the other little things it takes to fine tune a car at the track. Not to mention the time you will pickup if you choose to run the boost up some more. I'm sure the VF39 will work just fine up here at 16 -18 psi and maybe more, if you give it adequate fuel octane to work with.

    On the TD04L-13G up here I can run upto about 16 psi on Sunoco GT 100 unleaded, but its right on the edge if the weather is hot or humidity is very dry. I ran my recent best time with Sunoco GT+ which is a 104 octane unleaded. Give it a try if you can find it in your neck of the woods. I suspect you will get some very nice results with it.

    Larry
    13.239@102.85 -- 5800 ft altitude
    on the stock TD04L-13T turbo

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    444

    Re: Very nice

    Originally posted by hotrod
    That looks really nice. I think your right you will probably find at least 2 tenths on the ETjust in getting the launch down in 1.8x or below. There is probably another tenth or so as you find out what are your best shift points and all the other little things it takes to fine tune a car at the track. Not to mention the time you will pickup if you choose to run the boost up some more. I'm sure the VF39 will work just fine up here at 16 -18 psi and maybe more, if you give it adequate fuel octane to work with.

    On the TD04L-13G up here I can run upto about 16 psi on Sunoco GT 100 unleaded, but its right on the edge if the weather is hot or humidity is very dry. I ran my recent best time with Sunoco GT+ which is a 104 octane unleaded. Give it a try if you can find it in your neck of the woods. I suspect you will get some very nice results with it.

    Larry
    I am still on the stock fuel system so I don't want to push it. I will have engine management soon enough. Thanks for the input though. I might try and run some 93 octane because that is all I can get down here. If I do I will post the results. I spent too much time making small adjustments and then when I got to the line I had to run hard instead of watching the peak boost because I was running my friends '04 SRT-4! You know you can't lose to one of those without getting flamed! I had to check the boost level on the next run and then make an adjustment after the run. I made fourteen passes in two hours so the car was pretty hot by the time I got to 15 psi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •