How to eliminate the stock 2013 sedan exhaust drone?

This is a discussion on How to eliminate the stock 2013 sedan exhaust drone? within the High Altitude Tuning forums, part of the Engine Modifications category; So, after driving my '13 Limited for 8 months, I am completely annoyed by the deep and ear-banging drone in ...

How to eliminate the stock 2013 sedan exhaust drone?

So, after driving my '13 Limited for 8 months, I am completely annoyed by the deep and ear-banging drone in say 3rd gear at low RPM's under load (say up a hill) and coasting to a stop in gear. It sounds like a feed backing pair of subs! Any ideas? I was thinking of replacing the stock middle resonator with a Racing Beat 2.5" presilencer built for rotaries. Straight thru, stainless case and packing, plus... if it quiets rotaries.....hmmmm....not really wanting to go cat back....not a fan of any available.

Whatcha guys think?
    Last edited by CoolGuyRx2; 09-21-2013 at 10:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mods....posted in wrong spot, please move to engine modifications

Um, don't put the car under load at low RPMs? Change down a gear. And don't coast to a stop in gear; just depress the clutch. Sorry, not much help. I haven't really noticed any drone in my sedan though.

A combination of dyna-mat (or another analogue) and closed cell foam below the rear seats and cargo area should pretty much silence the exauhst in car. There are many threads on quieting exauhst drone on here and nasioc. A google search will provide good results on how to go about reducing in cabin noise.