5w30...and a FRAM double guard filter

This is a discussion on 5w30...and a FRAM double guard filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; mobil 1 thats what i just put in my car today, and so far its running great (mostly because of ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

5w30...and a FRAM double guard filter

mobil 1

thats what i just put in my car today, and so far its running great (mostly because of this ) either way, what do yall think? i wanted to get the purolator filter, but wal-mart only carried FRAM, and pepboys was closed, so fram it was
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    M1 5-30 is what I use. Exellent stuff for a relatively good price (relative to Motul, Redline, etc. anyway).

If you have to use Fram again, get the ToughGuard model - it's the only one that's worth a sh*t. The DoubleGuard is just their cheapass filter with some teflon crap in it. It fools ya 'cause it's the more expensive one.

I've been a Fram user for life ever since I first helped my daddy change his oil when I was 8. He used them for years before that, and I've used them ever since. Until my last change after reading this:

http://www.dorianyeager.com/oilfilterstudy1.html

Now I'm only going to run Purolatur PureOne. Pure Oil Now, Pure Oil Later, Baby!

Chris
    Last edited by GV27; 09-28-2002 at 09:04 AM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I saw a different study, and it showed fram as being the second worst out of all the filters they tested: Fram=crap

Yeah Fram filters are pretty bad. Go to pepBoys and get the purlator filter. They are good for the price.