Everything you ever wanted to know about WRX light bulbs... - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Everything you ever wanted to know about WRX light bulbs... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone got pics of where or a good explanation as to how to adjust the headlights?...

anyone got pics of where or a good explanation as to how to adjust the headlights?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I want to change my rear turn signals to plain white instead of that ugly amber...anyone know where to find one? When I searched I came up with 1156, but someone trimmed it to fit...
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

When changing the fogs what does this mean:
    (but not the adjuster)
    Is this a 4th screw that I need to know which it is ahead of time or is it obvious.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

i changed my bulbs last week. the headlights are pretty simple but the foglights were kinda tricky. i wasnt sure what to do with the metal clip thing at first but eventually figured it out.

best advice i can give is to check how it is before you take it off otherwise itll take a little bit to figure it out if your dumb like me
    2003 WRBlue Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan
    For Go: APEX'i AVC-R, Godspeed Uppipe, Samco IC Hoses
    For Show: JUN Eyelids, Clear Side-Markers, Momo RaceAir Shift Knob
    For Handling: Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Cusco Rear Sway Bar

Just to update anyone that cares...I bought 1156's and shaved the second button off the side and everything works fine...
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Originally posted by SERacing
    Just to update anyone that cares...I bought 1156's and shaved the second button off the side and everything works fine...
    I did the same. A few months ago I bought PIAA Ion Crystal 168s for the sidemarker lights. I really liked them, so I was going to change all the amber lights to yellow. Unfortunatly PIAA only makes ion crystal foglamps and 168s, so I had to buy regular yellow 1156 bulbs. I installed them and they work great. But they aren't that yellow and almost too bright. I think I'm going back to amber signals.

Originally posted by RaCinWRX
    Sorry, i forget that's what only we call it (in my lil group/area)

it's the 12v 5w wedge bulb, i believe (not sure on the number). for the hyper white bulb i bought from hibrid, it's a T10 bulb.

--RaCinWRX
    So you changed the parking light wedge blub in the headlight? Did you find a whiter bulb?

I have Silverstar headlamps and the wedge bulbs next to them are yellow. I hate the way it looks. I've been trying to find a wedge bulb closer to white, but no luck. I tried PIAA Xtreme Whites and they were more blue than white. I tried white LEDs and they were as blue as the PIAAs, but dimmer.

everything is gonna look dull compared to HID look might as well go with the LED's or find a light blub bulb if you dont want it quite as blue, I had some light blues before in my last car and they looked good compared to my sylvanias a bit duller but better than stock or crappy white ones

Yeah, sand those off (I did mine with a file) looks so much better...I have a pic somewhere if anyone wants to see it.
    SIRacing.Net

heh, fairlady

Originally posted by 0260B4U
    everything is gonna look dull compared to HID look might as well go with the LED's or find a light blub bulb if you dont want it quite as blue, I had some light blues before in my last car and they looked good compared to my sylvanias a bit duller but better than stock or crappy white ones
    I did try LEDs and they were the same as the PIAAs. What bulbs did you get?

instead of getting bulbs get replacement LED's brighter cleaner and they last longer

try this site they got em for cheap

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Sorry I skimmed this over, but I am in physics this year. So what you're saying is that buying a new bulb is worthless? I understand what a filter is, and I understand that we can only see certain frequencies of light...but say I bought a Silverstar...would I notice an improvement?
    -Ryan |Dub-Yuh Our Ex Ess Tee Eye| My Car

pretty much, it's all about what it looks like with stock wattage, now if you were to upgrade your harness and go with a higher wattage then yes it'll be better.

i personally just got a set of silvestars, in comparison to my fogs they are a bit brighter and cleaner, but not realy thatmuch. I would like to see them from a distance to see what they look like in comparison. They look cleaner and are brighter but the cool blues look better IMO. though not as bright

tan
    Originally posted by RLsChMiDt
    Sorry I skimmed this over, but I am in physics this year. So what you're saying is that buying a new bulb is worthless? I understand what a filter is, and I understand that we can only see certain frequencies of light...but say I bought a Silverstar...would I notice an improvement?
    The thing is...the tint allows certain frequencies to pass through...all the yellow and crap don't. THe output light is gives us the impression of it being brighter, when it's really not necessarily true. It's really merely for looks...everyone likes that look...including me.

Likewise yellow fog bulbs have decreased output...but for foul weather visibility it is an improvement.

i think yes that in some experiences the bulbs brightness is insuperior but i gotta them cuz i think they look cool---if i wanted to light up the road for a mile id get lights mounted on the roof and seriously blind some ppl

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast