tranny drain bolt gasket?

This is a discussion on tranny drain bolt gasket? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just read a diy on changing the tranny fluid and he said to change out the tranny drain plug ...

tranny drain bolt gasket?

I just read a diy on changing the tranny fluid and he said to change out the tranny drain plug gasket. Is it really necessary? He also said to change the gasket for the oil drain plug when you drain that and i never changed mine or has it leaked.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nevermind I went ahead and changed it without replacing the gasket. put in 1 quart of synchromesh and 2.7 q of reg 75w90.
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

I always change the crush washers when doing fluids. they only cost about $.05 the peace of mind is worth that in my eyes

M

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mike
    I always change the crush washers when doing fluids. they only cost about $.05 the peace of mind is worth that in my eyes

M
    Yep, I just went ahead and bought several of the oil plug ones and a few of the tranny ones just so I would be prepared.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinks
    Yep, I just went ahead and bought several of the oil plug ones and a few of the tranny ones just so I would be prepared.
    I did the same thing. I have multiple crush washers waiting for fluid changes