who is using mobil1 0w40?

This is a discussion on who is using mobil1 0w40? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i;ve only got 1 question that needs answering, and i couldn't find it in all the oil threads evar - ...

who is using mobil1 0w40?

i;ve only got 1 question that needs answering, and i couldn't find it in all the oil threads evar - does the engine noticably become more reluctant to rev? i haven't used a 40 weight oil for years, but i remember it being thick enough to make the engine feel sluggish. now 0w40 is supposed to be some new tricky stuff so let me know!
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't use the 0W-40 but I do use the 5W-40 and have felt no difference honestly. They are not the same oil but I suspect the 5W-40 is thicker than the 0W-40 when new (you might check the M1 site for stats). I recall in my 5W-40 thread where I discsuss my analysis data that several people mentioned using the 0W-40, you might look them up directly. In any case my answer is "no" for the 5W-40.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    No. I was using M1 0w40 and just switched to amsoil 5w40 and neither made the engine feel sluggish compared to the 10w30 i was using.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

allright, i'll try it. thanks
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6

I have been using M1 0-W40 since 3,000 miles (now at 64,000). I have never noticed any sluggishness, in fact the engine revs plenty!

well, for the record i tried the 0w40 yesterday (also noticed they've got 0w30 now, might be old news ). much improved cold startup(my wife gets the garage so i see some cold cold mornings); the car warms up quicker and feels great once its at operating temp. no sluggishness; thinking back the last time i've used a 40 weight oil (10w40) it was a dino oil in my firechicken, and that was definitely thicker and more resistant than a 10w30.

so, form this guy
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6