emmisions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on emmisions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are there any ways i can get by emmisions without my cats? I am trying to decide between the cobb ...

emmisions

Are there any ways i can get by emmisions without my cats? I am trying to decide between the cobb and the perrin downpipe. am i dont want to spend the extra money for the coob if i dont have to. and i just ordered a perrin uppipe. Any help would be much liked. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Bribery?
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

yeah posts would be helpful im considering buying a catless and i dont want a nice rejected sticker.. I heard there is a fluid you can throw in your gas tank that helps? or there is this place up the road that gives good stickers for an extra $15..

i also dont want to shoot fireballs at a car behind me especially if its a cop
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

I Support ClubWRX
    What type of inspection does you state have, OBD2 or sniffer?

no clue but i live in Massachusetts and its strict here
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

Just checked and its the OBD.

In most states good gas and no check engine light will pass and you will still have precat, so thats good! Just make sure that engine is nice and HOT when you go in!!!
    04 Java Black Pearl - Sleek Eye

All you see is my license plate... SCOOBY-X

Quote Originally Posted by GOD The Almighty
    Patrick, you are a complete accident

all depends on how close they start looking at your emissions equipment. Also depends on your milage. If your car is older than 2 or 3 years and/or has more than 60K miles on it...the rules are somewhat different. I know people who passed with just one cat...but it was CARB certified. They still had to pass sniff test, and the inspector checked that there was a cat, and that it had O2 sensors...etc. An Accessport will get you by all the CEL codes, and currently, there's no way to detect it.

can you pass? sometimes

is is legal? not unless your car isn't brand new.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    OIC - yeah, you can probably eliminate one or two of the cats and still pass. I doubt you'd be able to pass in most states with no cats at all. Heck - I can tell with my nose if I'm behind a catless car - they stink!
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

Quote Originally Posted by GV27
    OIC - yeah, you can probably eliminate one or two of the cats and still pass. I doubt you'd be able to pass in most states with no cats at all. Heck - I can tell with my nose if I'm behind a catless car - they stink!
    so can cops
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    I just passed with zero cats. OBDII county, so no CEL (AP), no flags when they plugged in, and I passed. Could also be a function of the guys I took it to; they don't seem terribly concerned about it. I should be fair and mention that there's a "tamper" section on the form they fill out. They always show that nothing's been tampered with. I don't think they know what they're looking for. (I still sweat a little while waiting, though...)

My car does have a little stink to it, and my exhaust tip gets dingy pretty quickly.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 03-23-2005 at 07:08 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by chickendave12
    Are there any ways i can get by emmisions without my cats? I am trying to decide between the cobb and the perrin downpipe. am i dont want to spend the extra money for the coob if i dont have to. and i just ordered a perrin uppipe. Any help would be much liked. Thanks
    o2 sym. perrin sells one for their downpipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus
    yeah posts would be helpful im considering buying a catless and i dont want a nice rejected sticker.. I heard there is a fluid you can throw in your gas tank that helps? or there is this place up the road that gives good stickers for an extra $15..

i also dont want to shoot fireballs at a car behind me especially if its a cop
    Yeah the fluid is Ethenal(sp.) you're supposed to put like a gallon of it with your regular gas and run the car right before going to emissions. Although it doesn't work atleast not with my friend who tried it. With no cats the car won't pass the smell test, atleast i know mine won't, and it also depends if they use the mirror test on you as well where they look under the car for cats. Some places the emissions people are really clueless and don't know what to look for. It is possible for you to pass without any cats though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.